THE MARS VOLTA ITALIA forum: "In Thirteen Seconds"

Eunuch Provocateur

« Older   Newer »
Walkabout
CAT_IMG Posted on 9/7/2006, 15:11

Eunuch backwards

CITAZIONE
I'm very fond of this one about an old spider friend of mine his name is....The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the water spout down came the rain and washed the spider out out came the sun and dried up all the rain and the itsy bitsy spider climbed up the spout again. the only thing about that story I always thought *unaudible* when all of the sudden they left I have never seen him since hmmm. mommy or daddy, have mommy or daddy ever had to spank you?"

Eunuch Ending
CITAZIONE
I <something> destroyed it.

Walkabout
CAT_IMG Posted on 20/8/2006, 19:06

CITAZIONE
(From Wikipedia)

Al-Sirat is the hair-narrow hell-bridge of Islam, which according to Muslim belief every person must pass on the Day of Judgement to enter Paradise. American science fiction author Frank Herbert adopted the idea for his novel Dune. In the Orange Catholic Bible, the most important religious work in the Dune universe, life is described as a journey across the Sirat, with "Paradise on my Right, Hell on my Left, and the Angel of Death Behind".

(From some forum or another...I can't remember how I found this or what I was looking for.)

"Padisha" is missing a 'h' – But is it? After all, the fictional [character of] Padisha emperor Saddam IV in Dune by Frank Herbert is spelled without the 'h' at the end.

auto da fe
CAT_IMG Posted on 18/11/2006, 12:28

un estratto di 'Eunuch Provocateur' si può sentire in 'Scabdates' - è uno dei frammenti sonori che emergono nella traccia 12 (quando 'Cicatriz' se ne va..)

Sandoz
CAT_IMG Posted on 18/11/2006, 12:36

vero hai ragione!

CAT_IMG Posted on 10/12/2006, 18:16

Hand over hand over hand

Group:
Administrator

secondo me, l'intro di Eunuch Provocatuer è forse il miglior intro della discografia marsvoltiana: ha un sapore epico, imperioso che emerge piano piano dopo i primissimi tocchi di basso e chitarra. Poi l'esplosione di batteria, la sezione ritmica che crea quella che sembra una vera e propria cavalcata accompagnata dalle tastiere e la chitarra lancinante a distorcere il tutto.

Web  Top
CAT_IMG Posted on 9/5/2008, 17:35

'I am a Shadow and I dwell in the catacombs which border the country of illusion hard by the dim plains of wishing'

Group:

La parte finale è quella che mi lascia dentro di più... così come sfuma e il modo di calibrare la drum con quelle poche note che la attraversano...

Web  Top
5 replies since 9/7/2006, 15:11   84 views