THE MARS VOLTA ITALIA forum: "In Thirteen Seconds"

Omar Rodriguez, con Juan, Marcel, Adrian, Cedric e altri, 2° lp, 2005

« Older   Newer »
starsucker
CAT_IMG Posted on 12/11/2005, 17:49 by: starsucker

user posted image

a quanto pare è uscito in olanda giorno sette.. dovrebbe uscire un po' ovunque nel resto del mondo il ventotto. david, sei pregato di prenderlo quando vai a berlin e ripparlo per tutti noi. wink.gif

vi riporto una cosa scritta da un tizio di comatorium, se sapete l'olandese siete avvantaggiati.

CITAZIONE
Yes that is the cd. It was also available on vinyl as well as Manual Dexterity 1. All four the items were 12 euros. The new CD is recorded in the beginning of june in Amsterdam, just a few minutes from my house, no wonder i bumped into him once. It says on the cd that a lot of overdubbing was done on tour in august. The CD has five songs on it with dutch names and Omar wrote all the text himself in dutch, which would be another hint of him actually living in Amsterdam. I will translate the text on the cd some other time.
This is the Tracklist and the meaning of the dutch titles:

1. Een ode aan Ed van der Elsken (A tribute to Ed van der Elsken)
- A short intro to the album
2. Regenbogen stelen van prostituees (Stealing rainbows from prostitutes)
- A great song which makes me want to dance
3. Jacob van Lennepkade (This is the name of a canal in Amsterdam)
- Another great song, bit more jazzy with fabulous solo's from Omar and Adrian.
4. Vondelpark bij nacht (Vondelpark (the most famous park in Amsterdam) by night)
- A slow song which gives a nice athmosphere
5. Spookrijden op het fietspad (ghostriding on the bicycle path)
- The nice end of the album that is really relaxing

So this CD is clearly abou life in Amsterdam.

The show was really phenomenal! It was definately one of the best shows I've ever seen! I was right on the first row together with two other fans I met just before the concert, one from Boston and one from Canada.

They played the following set I think:

-Spookrijden op het fietspad
(after the first song thjere was a break, because th monitors of Adrian and Omar did not work)
-Regenbogen stelen van prostituees
-Vondelpark bij nacht
-Jacob van lennepkade

The members of the quintet were:

Juan on bass, which gave the spine of all the songs
Adrian on Sax, flute, his other sax-like instruments and percussion
Mikey on 4 different keyboards and a bit percussion
Marcel on a drum kit and some other percussion as well
Omar on guitar.

Omar was really the director of the show. He stood most of the time with his back to the crowd to make a better bond with the rest of the band. He spoke a few words about some of their stuff being lost and broken so not everything went too well for his idea, but the show was very convincing so it did not matter at all. Most of the crowd loved the show I think, but some people did not understand the language of the music and were a bit bored I think. I am really looking forward to tomorrow when I can see the show again!

GO TO ONE OF HIS SHOWS IF YOU CAN!!!

This is what www.konkurrent.nl says about the album:

Deze zomer logeerde Omar A. Rodriguez-Lopez (Mars Volta, At The Drive In) een paar weken bij vrienden in Amsterdam. Beetje fietsen, naar de coffeeshop en vooral heel veel muziek maken. In no time had Omar een heel album bij elkaar geschreven met psychedelische Nederlandse titels als 'Spookrijden op het fietspad' of 'Regenbogen stelen van prostituees'. De plaat is afgemaakt tijdens het toeren door de VS. onder een moordend regime van reizen, soundchecken, opnemen, optreden, et cetera. De hele Mars Volta is zelfs ingeschakeld voor het meest verrassende project dat je maar uit deze hoek had kunnen verwachten. Wat Miles Davis' 'Bitches Brew' is voor de jazzrock uit de vroege jaren zeventig, is dit album van Omar Rodriguez voor de jaren 2000 en daarna. Kan zomaar worden toegevoegd aan de canon van invloedrijke platen.

It means:
This summer Omar A. Rodriguez-Lopez (Mars Volta, At The Drive In) stayed with friends in Amsterdam. A bit of biking, going to coffeeshops and above all making music. In no time Omar wrote a whole album with psychedelical Dutch titles like 'Spookrijden op het fietspad' or 'Regenbogen stelen van prostituees'. De record is finished during the US tour while he also had to travel, soundcheck, record, play live, and so on. The whole Mars Volta even is used for the most surprising project you could have imagined from them. What Miles Davis 'Bitches Brew' is for the early 70s jazzrock, is this record of Omar Rodriguez for the 2000s and after. This record can be added to the most influencing records of all time.

This would mean Omar does not have a house in Amsterdam, but likes to stay with some friends there.

CITAZIONE
Besides Omar the following are playing as well:
Adrian Terrazas-Gonzales - Saxophone and percussion
Marcel Rodriguez-Lopez - Drums, keys, percussion and gong
Juan Alderete de la Pena - Bass
Cedric Bixler-Zavala - percussion
Jonathan Robert de Baun - Recordings and bass
Eric Salas - Drums

edit alcuni link utili:
Ordinare il cd su Amazon.com (22 dollari d'importazione, disponibile dal 17 novembre)
Ordinare il cd su Amazon.co.uk (10 sterline, disponibile dal 20 novembre)
Sito ceco da dove si possono ordinare cd e vinile dell'album
Discussione sui concerti dell'OR-LQ
Discussione su file da scaricare dell' OR-LQ

Edited by Kitt - 13/11/2005, 21:51

30 replies since 12/11/2005, 17:49   413 views