THE MARS VOLTA ITALIA forum: "In Thirteen Seconds"

Julio Venegas, link e foto interessanti...

« Older   Newer »
CAT_IMG Posted on 20/10/2005, 15:00

Hand over hand over hand

Group:
Administrator

Questo link mi sembra contenga alcune notizie interessanti riguardo Venegas, chiarimenti riguardo la sua morte e alcune connessioni con DITC...inoltre ho trovato questo foto che ritrae Venegas con un giovane e poco capelluto Cedric...

Edited by Walkabout - 29/7/2006, 12:23

Web  Top
Meko Winston
CAT_IMG Posted on 20/10/2005, 15:35

grandissimo kitt..
e bellissima la foto...
in passato avevo visto alcune foto di julio...
ma non erano un granche'...
invece questa e' degna...

capoeira_girl
CAT_IMG Posted on 20/10/2005, 15:52

Grazie Kitt! smile.gif
Sai, è molto difficile trovare qualcosa in rete che parli di Julio Venegas...io trovai poche info su di lui e spesso molto discordanti (quelle riguardo la sua morte, ad esempio). Personalmente sono incuriosita da questo personaggio, che a quanto pare ha avuto (ed ha tutt'ora) una grossa influenza sui TMV (specialmente su Cedric).
Ecco i link di quello che ho trovato su Julio:
uno
due
Julio Venegas su Wikipedia

CAT_IMG Posted on 20/10/2005, 15:56

Hand over hand over hand

Group:
Administrator

CITAZIONE (capoeira_girl @ 20/10/2005, 16:52)
Grazie Kitt! smile.gif
Sai, è molto difficile trovare qualcosa in rete che parli di Julio Venegas...io trovai poche info su di lui e spesso molto discordanti (quelle riguardo la sua morte, ad esempio). Personalmente sono incuriosita da questo personaggio, che a quanto pare ha avuto (ed ha tutt'ora) una grossa influenza sui TMV (specialmente su Cedric).
Ecco i link di quello che ho trovato su Julio:
uno
due
Julio Venegas su Wikipedia

ottimo, anche se due di questi links si basano molto su quella che era la vecchia "biografia ufficiale" dei Tmv...

Web  Top
capoeira_girl
CAT_IMG Posted on 20/10/2005, 16:03

Eh lo so...purtroppo si trova poco o niente su di lui.

Walkabout
CAT_IMG Posted on 20/10/2005, 17:37

tamarro...

mr.blonde
CAT_IMG Posted on 17/11/2005, 15:11

Innanzitutto un saluto generale a tutti, visto che è il primo mess che scrivo.
devo dire poi,intanto che Cedric è osceno in quella foto(sembra più psicolabile del solito)e poi che ho cercato come un disperato qualche poesia di venegas, sia in internet che nelle librerie, ma non si trova proprio una sega.Quindi se qulcuno di voi troverà mai qualcosa avverta subito, perchè quei pochi versi che ci sono nel libretto di De-loused..sono micidiali, in particolare quello che inizia con ...Empieso en la sala de los tiburones....è un vero flash

Edited by mr.blonde - 17/11/2005, 15:12

Meko Winston
CAT_IMG Posted on 17/11/2005, 15:22

CITAZIONE (mr.blonde @ 17/11/2005, 15:11)
Innanzitutto un saluto generale a tutti, visto che è il primo mess che scrivo.
devo dire poi,intanto che Cedric è osceno in quella foto(sembra più psicolabile del solito)e poi che ho cercato come un disperato qualche poesia di venegas, sia in internet che nelle librerie, ma non si trova proprio una sega.Quindi se qulcuno di voi troverà mai qualcosa avverta subito, perchè quei pochi versi che ci sono nel libretto di De-loused..sono micidiali, in particolare quello che inizia con ...Empieso en la sala de los tiburones....è un vero flash

innanzitutto ciao...
e complimenti per il tuo primo messaggio...

e si cedric in quella foto sembra piu' matto del solito...
alien.gif
penso che la stima per venegas sia presente in tutti gli utenti di sto posto...
e anche io trovo molto belle le poche rime presenti nel libretto...
wink.gif
per i testi non so' che dirti...
sarebbe interessante anche leggere il dario trovato da ward ...
cio' che ha inspirato la muta...
tutti documenti che potrebbero essere molto utili...
per spiegarci le fitte trame dei testi del signor Zavala...

posso solo dirti...
stay tuned...
chissa' che non esca fuori qualcosa...

Walkabout
CAT_IMG Posted on 22/7/2006, 18:32

la prima foto (cedric e julio) è saltata. se qualcuno ce l'ha, la posti...

intanto, ho trovato questo: in un'intervista Cedric diceva "...he used to sign his artwork with a little symbol, and we put that symbol on a t-shirt. Now people are wearing this symbol around and don't even know what it means..."

il simbolo a cui si riferiva era appunto Los Tres Ojos... magari ci apro un topic sopra a breve.

CAT_IMG Posted on 4/8/2006, 14:20

Hand over hand over hand

Group:
Administrator

con gli Startled Calf.

Web  Top
Walkabout
CAT_IMG Posted on 20/8/2006, 13:08

dal comatorio - riferimenti (presunti) da pezzi degli atdi

CITAZIONE
1. Embroglio - this one is pretty obviously all about julio, so i wont bother pointing out any specific lines..

2.Coating Of Arms - specificaly the line;
"secret service, we deserve this
we lost the friend to the pavement
to the pavement!" - seems like a pretty obvious reference to julio.

3. Ursa Minor - this one maaay be a long shot, but the line "inertia kisses those around me"...it might be a reference to julio, inertia refering to falling and what not, but it is pretty vauge...

4. Shaking Hand Incision - "you'll never walk again, you'll never walk again" - i know after the first time Julio tried to kill himself w/ rat-poison, the doctors told him that he wouldnt be able to walk again, eventually he learnt to but with a bit of hobble.

5. One Armed Scissor - "they hibernate
but have they kissed the ground
pucker up and kiss the asphalt now" - maybe not an exact reference to julio, but it sure does look like its refering to his death at least..

6. Rolodex Propaganda - "the nerve that pinches
crippled hobbled
frolicked flat on its own face" - this is one that im nearly 100% sure about, crippled hobbled...sounds like julio, frolicked flat on its own face...seems like another reference to julio going off the overpass.

Walkabout
CAT_IMG Posted on 20/8/2006, 18:09

sempre dal comatorio, si fa un gran vociferare a proposito di questo Ben, che è in qualche modo imputato della morte di Julio. Non so quanto ci sia di vero e quanto di fittizio, sto indagando un po'. In breve la storia sarebbe questa:

CITAZIONE
Ben was a former at the drive-in member who, during a practice, provoked venagas to run off and end his life. what he did or said i dont know but apparently what ever it was it sent venagas off the edge. he was booted form the band after this. concertina deals with ben and the consequences of his actions.

Sandoz
CAT_IMG Posted on 20/8/2006, 18:15

who will come clean all this ravenous debris?

Walkabout
CAT_IMG Posted on 20/8/2006, 18:29

non colgo. perchè non aprire un topic su concertina, però?

CITAZIONE
MR - A lot of your lyrics seem kind of abstract. I, to be honest, can't actually work out what the majority of the At The Drive-In and Mars Volta songs are actually about at all. Are they deliberately written as abstract lyrics, or do they all have a thread to them and a meaning to the individual songs which is known only to you?
CB - Well, certain songs are known only to us, and then certain songs have an obvious meaning to them, but now I write stuff with Jeremy. Jeremy does our the vocal effects, and hes a fantastic writer and hes a ... hes one of the spirits from El Paso that I learned a lot from, like theres a lot of people that we used to hang out with in, like, 1993 when we were experimenting with a lot of drugs and stuff, and when it came to experimenting we experimented with a lot of different writing techniques as well, it wasn't just music. So I've been in a band with Omar and Jeremy for a really long time, and it just changed different names the whole time, so its ... sometimes the way we write now can be deliberately like "decipher your own message", and sometimes it can be like, we have a song called Concertina, and that song is about one of the people who should probably be in The Mars Volta right now who passed away. He took his own life a long time ago, and it deals with, not necessarily the whole emo thing of "oh I miss you", but this certain friend of ours, his name is Julio Vanegas, he took his life for a certain reason, and someone pushed him over the edge to do it, and I know that person, and this song, to me, is a way of calling out that person and its basically accusing them of killing our friend. And so, its like, there are some songs that are just blatant and there are some songs which don't make sense to people, but thats the way we write them, you know.

MR - Does that person actually know that the songs about them?
CB - No. That person actually used to play in At The Drive-In and we kicked him out mid-tour.

MR - Oh, was that Ben?
CB - Yeah, it was Ben. He had a mental breakdown, and a lot of people questioned us for kicking him out, a lot of people thought we kicked him out because he was bigger than us, and everyone thought that At The Drive-In had this weight agenda, and it was ridiculous. The same kind of thing that The Locust go through. But he knows. I let him know when we kicked him out, but hes a little mental, you know, hes on drugs and psychiatric help and he understands and there were a lot of people around when that whole incident happened that don't really wanna touch it.

MR - You took him off the El Gran Orgo list, right?
CB - Yeah, we didn't list him. We didn't list him, yeah. It was our way of ... it was our way of saying "fuck you" to him, basically. I mean, thats my ... thats where I come from. You can ask everyone in At The Drive-In and they might tell you something different but thats why I didn't want him to be listed on the album. Because theres a lot of fucked up ... er ... I mean, theres sociopaths and theres psychopaths, you know, and he was a sociopath. Concertina is about the sociopath, and to me its about calling him out for what he did. And I lost a friend over it. I lost a friend over it and to this day we miss him immensely, and we have a song about him and he taught us everything you need to learn about art. He taught us what it was like to be an artist every day, whether you shit, breathe or fucking just do art. I learned it from Julio, you know, and I think its appropriate that we celebrate his spirit, you know.

http://www.angelfire.com/ky3/lexington/interview1.html

Sandoz
CAT_IMG Posted on 20/8/2006, 18:38

si ok. ma non posso aprire un topic su concertina ed essere l'unica che se la canta e se la suona.

nel senso vorrei un po' d'aiuto.

20 replies since 20/10/2005, 15:00   183 views