9. Cicatriz ESP 20:47
10. Halo of Nembutals 05:48
11. Miranda That Ghost Just Isn't Holy Anymore 06:18
12. Teflon 05:18
13. Viscera Eyes 11:33
14. The Widow 03:48
15. Roulette Dares (The Haunt of) 09:56

CITAZIONE
I was so excited for this show. After the set at the BDO the previous day I wanted more. I got to the venue early and made friends with the only other two people there. Then went to the pub and got a drink and came back to hear the sound check. It sounded great which increased my excitement. Thanks to the 2 people we met earlier I got in quick and grabbed a spot on the balcony. Thanks Mitch and Mona (I think that was your names). This recording wouldn't be as good without you two.
Anyway: Inertiatic blew me away again. I spent the whole song smiling to myself. I honestly thought I'd never see it live. I'm not gonna do a song by song analysis because that's too boring. Eriatarka was jammed on a little which is always pleasing. It took me a while to realize who was playing acoustic on Since We've Been wrong. It's Henry. He also played Miranda (which I've always wanted to see but was left disappointing with it live. However it was the last Frances song I had yet to see so I'm not gonna complain. I might make a super Frances at some point with the live versions I've seen live. Viscera Eyes; although it's a song I've always disliked live actually really impressed me on this occasion. But the energy was brought down when The Widow was played. Even though it seemed to be a crowd favorite it just doesn't do anything for me live.
Overall it was an amazing show. The Octahedron songs played were great but I'd of liked to hear another 1 or 2. The show in my opinion was too De-Loused and Frances heavy (8 songs out of 14) and didn't showcase the new album enough. I never thought I'd say it but I'd rather new songs to the old.. unless the old song is Eunuch. That is ALWAYS welcome.
Length: 1:56:33

0 replies since 13/2/2010, 13:37   22 views