THE MARS VOLTA ITALIA forum: "In Thirteen Seconds"

Jam con Cedric, Juan, Adrian at Nomads Art Gallery, 13/2/2009, the lost Cedric art of keeping le bacchette in mano

« Older   Newer »
CAT_IMG Posted on 14/2/2009, 17:00

Hand over hand over hand

Group:
Administrator

CITAZIONE
The guys jammed with a keyboardist (whos name i dont know pare si trattasse di Mark Ramos Nishita aka Money Mark) for free at this screen printing/art gallery place called Nomads. It was pretty cool only about 100 people. they played for about an hour, and juliette lewis showed up and did a song at the end of the set. the cool thing was that Cedric was on drums. if you wanna see some pics heres my friends flickr- http://www.flickr.com/photos/adam526/ . he tooks some nice pics. I think they called themselves Los Vatos y Negros. I think i saw Isiah walking around, but im too sure.

bella storia, direi! :) č un raro piacere vedere Cedric dietro alle pelli, chi ha visto qualche video dei De Facto sa di che parlo.

chissą se qualcuno ha filmato la performance! uno show del genere mi stuzzicherebbe persino pił di quello dell'Omar Group! :D e chissą che non sia il preludio a un qualcosa di pił (album?)

Web  Top
CAT_IMG Posted on 14/2/2009, 19:12

Hand over hand over hand

Group:
Administrator

da quel che leggo su myspace, era uno show di Adrian con Juan, inizialmente (c'č sulla pagina di Adrian):
CITAZIONE
02-13-2009 20:00 at Praise the Lowered
1993 Blake Ave., Los Angeles, California 90039
Cost:
with Juan Alderete de la Peńa

Web  Top
SaraKeenan
CAT_IMG Posted on 14/2/2009, 21:59

Uh pure quella pazza della Lewis...Interessante!

CAT_IMG Posted on 17/2/2009, 00:56

Hand over hand over hand

Group:
Administrator

il mitico Juan ha postato un blog a riguardo, mi fa sperare che, forse, presto avremo qualcosa di pił...intanto leggete e scaricateve una prova di Naima di John Coltrane da parte di questo gruppo! :D

CITAZIONE
I have lost my skills in writing. I received a BA in English Literature from CSULA where I went from an illiterate knucklehead to a fairly decent writer. Writing is like anything else, you have to do it in order to keep up your chops.

I was also inspired by a fellow musician who has a blog here so I started one that really is me just biting his style once again. I have no intentions of having this be a discussion forum for any music for which I am a part of. I just want to practice writing words, music and general commentary.

Thanks to all who have commented and please enjoy the ramblings of a Mexican-American musician/artist who has a lot to say but never enough time to write it all down.

Speaking of writing music, here is a bunch of dudes doing a weird 6/8 latin version of Naima. This is just a rehearsal that we taped. We rehearsed twice and then played Friday The 13th where we butchered (CLICK ON THIS)- NAIMA

SPOILER (click to view)

Web  Top
CAT_IMG Posted on 18/2/2009, 01:50

Hand over hand over hand

Group:
Administrator

pare che Juan abbia cancellato il suo blog...il pezzo l'avevo scaricato ieri, a breve lo metto su rapidshare.

edit: ci ha pensato qualcun'altro---> http://www.megaupload.com/?d=51G6WY8I

Edited by Kitt - 18/2/2009, 02:49

Web  Top
CAT_IMG Posted on 28/8/2009, 21:14

Hand over hand over hand

Group:
Administrator

il buon Juan ha inaugurato un nuovo blog (http://www.myspace.com/jcammissues) e scrive di quella jam:

CITAZIONE
my friends and I have put up a new myspace page for a performance that happened back in Feb. It was Cedric, Adrian, Money Mark and myself playing a couple of my ideas and a jacked up version of Naima (Adrian’s idea). Adrian and $ play great, Cedric and I had our moments but we were also a little deer in the headlights. Here is the link-

http://www.myspace.com/jcammissues

Web  Top
5 replies since 14/2/2009, 17:00   107 views