THE MARS VOLTA ITALIA forum: "In Thirteen Seconds"

Cedric: Microfoni e strumentazione varia

« Older   Newer »
Sandoz
CAT_IMG Posted on 18/11/2006, 10:18

allora, premesso che io di microfoni non capisco nulla ho trovato una discussione abbastanza seria sul comatorium riguardante il microfono di Cedric... magari a qualcuno interessa

CITAZIONE
Saturday, September 16. 2006
Day 116 - Calgary Show Day

During the west coast part of the tour, Roadie Shaun, the monitor engineer for The Mars Volta had come to me with an interesting request. Cedric, (Mars Volta's' singer) was wanting to sing into a Sennheiser 421 as he likes the way those mics look and feel. Roadie Shaun wants to continue to use the Audix om6's that are working perfectly for his vocals. So the question is, "How can we get the sound of an om6 and the look of a 421?" Now this is the kind of project I love!

While I was at home on break I had grabbed a pile of old 421 parts that I still have from the old days when I used to fix amps and mics to supplement the not so profitable Rat PA income.

Check out the third revision of the Audix om6 inside of a Sennheiser 421 shell. And to start with we have a nice assortment of both old and new 421 parts:

And by cutting the threaded ring off of the om6 grill and screwing it to the back of a 421 grill we get:

and the om6 can now be screwed into the 421 grill

And after boring out the 421 shell with a Dremel tool so the Audix shaft slides inside:

And we end up with what looks like a beat up old 421 but is actually a perfect condition Audix om6!

Now that was an adventure I really and truly enjoyed! Thank you roadie Shaun!

Do you recognize this now white mic?

Shaun, Mars' monitor engineer, has taken the microphone mod to a whole new level, now white with custom white mic cord and some internal retrofits to improve upon the initial creation, it is now one of four that have become the standard for Cedric.

Walkabout
CAT_IMG Posted on 18/11/2006, 11:28

interessante, ancora non era mai stato detto nulla in proposito

halorama
CAT_IMG Posted on 19/11/2006, 13:02

Info sull'Audix OM6, microfono usato da Cedric (dal sito del produttore)

Attached Image: om6_1.jpg

om6_1.jpg

halorama
CAT_IMG Posted on 19/11/2006, 13:03

pag. 2

Attached Image: om6_2.jpg

om6_2.jpg

3 replies since 18/11/2006, 10:18   17 views