THE MARS VOLTA ITALIA forum: "In Thirteen Seconds"

Ouroborous

« Older   Newer »
CAT_IMG Posted on 27/12/2007, 20:56

Hand over hand over hand

Group:
Administrator

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-9...551944479&hl=en

per ora solo in versione remixata da DJ Nobody. ma sufficiente per farvi un'idea del brano. ;)

Web  Top
Stephen Dedalus
CAT_IMG Posted on 28/12/2007, 12:47

linee molto frusciantiane, a sentire da questo remix.

Gozu
CAT_IMG Posted on 2/1/2008, 05:10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAmqn3bEKsM

Già un video tratto dal concerto di los angeles credo a tempo record!
Si trova anche di Agadez e metatron ma non essendoci i rispettivi topic aspetto i mod perchè non sono molto esperto :D .
Questa canzone comunque spacca si era gia sentito dal mix di dj nobody!

CW Jake
CAT_IMG Posted on 18/1/2008, 22:21

per me è la canzone migliore del disco; ha una ritmica della madonna; è veloce e spacca di brutto

shirleyswe
CAT_IMG Posted on 20/1/2008, 13:23

La mia preferita per ora.

karmapolicex
CAT_IMG Posted on 21/1/2008, 00:42

è un pezzo bellissimo, ritmato, potente... alla Mars Volta, il meglio ke abbiano potuto cacciare dalla loro inventiva.

CAT_IMG Posted on 22/1/2008, 02:59

Hand over hand over hand

Group:
Administrator

It appears to me
quoting alarms
the guillotine smirks
in your house I smothered
sight unseen
sworm to harm
ground to a powder
and soaked through the board

don't you ever, ever, ever trust my mercy

when will you flirt with all that's burning
keep them safe and by your side

of all that's left
a lucid home
anecdote settles
in the smear of this corpse
if the larvae speaks
ask where to go
they mount the maker
with a sulphur and fume
don't you ever, ever, ever trust my mercy

of all the warnings that you gave me
with all components in the fault
have you ever heard me scraping
it will be hard to hold

all I hear
mending the cap
fall in here
might not make it back
call that someone
may they hear you
take me with you
it's not safe in here

and all you ask is why
I'm certain you're holding on
mirror floats to the surface
holding on

with all components
in the fault
It'll be hard to hold

they lost the presence they were holding
looks like the tenants flickered off

if the cell that holds me breaks me
it will be hard to hold

Web  Top
Walkabout
CAT_IMG Posted on 23/1/2008, 18:49

L'ultimo minuto di questa canzone è del signor Thomas Pridgen.

Greenie
CAT_IMG Posted on 24/1/2008, 16:39

cazzo, quel fottuto nigga sembra suonare con una bacchetta per dito..
grandiosa.

Walkabout
CAT_IMG Posted on 26/1/2008, 21:56

CITAZIONE
with all components
in the fault
It'll be hard to hold

è diventato un mantra oramai

Walkabout
CAT_IMG Posted on 17/3/2008, 10:37

Ramatheson, un utente del comatorio, si è messo ad analizzare riga per riga i pezzi dell'ultimo album. Copio/incollo, ovviamente sono da prendere con le superpinze che tutti avete in tasca quando si parla dei testi di Cedric, ma qualche spunto interessante c'è. Forse il problema di questa interpretazione (e delle altre della serie di Tamharreson) è il fatto di voler restare un po' troppo attaccati a quello che Omar e Cedric hanno rivelato sul concept, forzando i significati per trovare la quadratura del cerchio.
A voi.

CITAZIONE
Ouroborous: This song starts of frantically. The band races off to pursue the plan of destroying the board. The song alternates viewpoints between the the daughter, Goliath, and the band. Ouroborous is a reference to a snake eating its tail, which symbolizes eternity. Goliath will live forever if something isn't done about it. This song focuses on the attempts by others to end Goliath's existence.

It appears to me
Quoting alarms

We begin with hearing from Goliath. “It” here is the plan the band made with the daughter spirit. Goliath has discovered their plan. The “alarm” has gone off, it has been “quoted,” as in, heard.

The guillotine smirks in

The “guillotine” here is the plan to kill Goliath. The guillotine represents death and destruction. Their plan to kill Goliath winks, or “smirks” at Goliath, letting him know what the plan is.

Your house I smothered

Goliath was made aware within the house he lives in. This is the board. It all took place within the board, which is occupied (“smothered”) by Goliath. Nothing can happen within the board without Goliath knowing about it.

Sight unseen

The band accepted the daughter spirit’s plan without really asking many questions.

Sworn to harm

The band and daughter have “sworn to harm” Goliath.

Ground to a powder
And soaked through the board

Image lines. The binding between Omar and the daughter spirit is represented by being ground together into a powder. Their plan is inexorably tied to the board.

Don’t you ever, ever, ever trust my mercy

The band has made a mistake. They trusted the voice they heard from within the board. Unfortunately, they didn’t realize that the daughter doesn’t exist. She is merely a piece of
Goliath’s memory. Now Omar is possessed by Goliath. In this line, Goliath is laughing at Omar.

When will you flirt with all that’s burning
Keep them safe and by your side

A message from the daughter. She begs the band to hurry and destroy the board. She asks, “When will you become acquainted with (flirt) the destruction (burn) of Goliath.” She reminds them to keep her by their side as she is their main ally against Goliath.

Of all that’s left
A lucid home

All that is left of the actual man who became Goliath is a thinking (“lucid”) spirit within a board, which is now his “home.”

Anecdote settles

The story (“anecdote”) has been told…

In the smear
Of this corpse

…through the revealing of the murders.

If the larvae speaks
Ask where to go

Goliath tells the band, “If the fragments of my consciouness (“larvae”) “speaks” to them, ask them where to go”

They mount the maker
With a sulphur in fume

”But remember that they only ride on my consciousness, and smell (“sulphur in fume”) of me, and so might lead you astray.” He is trying to put doubt into their minds.

Don’t you ever, ever, ever trust my mercy

See above.

Of all the warnings that you gave me
With all components in the fault
Have you heard me scraping
It'll be hard to hold

This is a line coming from the band. It is from the band to the daughter’s spirit. They are saying, “I know you gave us plenty of warnings, and we’ve put up all the protections and prayers against Goliath’s spirit (“components in the fault”). Daughter-spirit, can you still hear us call to you when our hands move across the board? It is hard to trust you know, and hard to talk to you because we don’t really trust you now. It is hard to tell which is you, and which is Goliath. It will be hard to stick to the plan if we can’t tell who is who. (“It’ll be hard to hold.”)”

All I hear
Mending the gap

From the daughter. She doesn’t care what they think, all she hears is that they might help her.

Fall in here
Might not make it back

She warns that they may not be able to succeed, and my end up trapped with her.

Call that someone
May they hear you

She tells them that they should offers prayers to whatever benevolent spirits they think may help.

Take me with you
It’s not safe in here

She pleads with them to succeed and free her from the board.

And all you ask is why
I’m certain you’re holding on

She is certain that they will not give up. She is sure that they will hold on to the plans they made, and see them through.

Mirror floats to the surface

Imagery line. She is reflecting their lives to them. How would they feel, in her situation?

Of all the warnings that you gave me
With all components in the fault
Have you heard me scraping
It'll be hard to hold

See above.

They lost the presence they were holding
Looks like the tenants flickered off

The daughter loses hope. She loses contact with the band here. The “tenants” of the board disappear (“flickered off”). She realizes that they “lost” touch with her and her spirit (“presence”).

If the cell that holds me breaks me
It will be hard to hold

As a last warning, she tells the band that if the "cell" that holds her (Goliath...remember, she is a spirit within him) breaks her, she will no longer be able to "hold" on and help the band. They must hurry.

spettro_zero
CAT_IMG Posted on 18/3/2008, 19:48

uno dei miei preferiti,...
non so per voi ma sempre nel orecchio mi risuona per molto tempo dopo la fine del brano : and all you ask is why,... why,... why...
pazzesco!

CAT_IMG Posted on 30/3/2008, 18:41

Lord Of Terror

Group:

alchimia e gnosticismo...

CITAZIONE
L'Uroboro (dal Greco "ουροβóρος") è un simbolo molto antico che rappresenta un serpente che si morde la coda, ricreandosi continuamente e formando così un cerchio. È un simbolo associato all'alchimia, allo Gnosticismo e all'Ermetismo. Rappresenta la natura ciclica delle cose, la teoria dell'eterno ritorno, e tutto quello che è rappresentabile attraverso un ciclo che ricomincia dall'inizio dopo aver raggiunto la propria fine. In alcune rappresentazioni il serpente è rappresentato mezzo bianco e mezzo nero, richiamando il simbolo dello Yin e Yang, che illustra la natura dualistica di tutte le cose e soprattutto che gli opposti non sono in conflitto tra loro.

Web  Top
katatsumuri
CAT_IMG Posted on 30/3/2008, 19:12

non sono due i serpenti? io pensavo ai due serpenti...come quello della storia infinita per intenderci...è un'altra cosa?

CAT_IMG Posted on 30/3/2008, 19:33

Lord Of Terror

Group:

L'ouroboros è un serpente solo: tu parli dell' Auryn, che comunque è ripreso da questo simbolo

CITAZIONE
In The Neverending Story by Michael Ende, a symbol which incorporates the Ourobouros and the Chinese Yin-Yang symbol appears as the Auryn both on the cover of the book, and worn by Atreyu and Bastian as a pendant throughout their travels. The Auryn depicts two snakes, one silver, the other gold, intertwined and biting each other's tails.

Web  Top
18 replies since 27/12/2007, 20:56   376 views