THE MARS VOLTA ITALIA forum: "In Thirteen Seconds"

The Sentimental Engine Slayer, film by Omar Rodriguez-Lopez

« Older   Newer »
CAT_IMG Posted on 2/10/2007, 00:53

Hand over hand over hand

Group:
Administrator

CITAZIONE
Mars Volta project being filmed at Club 101 at 3 p.m.
Times staff report
Article Launched: 10/01/2007 12:07:02 PM MDT

Club 101 owner Joe Dorgan sent an email today to people on his email list saying extras are needed at 3 p.m. today for a Mars Volta project being filmed at Club 101, 3233 N. Mesa.

Sixty extras are needed for the bar scene that is expected to last from 3 to 6 p.m.

Mars Volta members Omar Rodriguez-Lopez and Paul Hinojos will be at the filming, but it is not clear if singer Cedric Bixler-Zavala will be there. Information: 544-2101.

http://www.elpasotimes.com/minersmania/ci_7053128

video in lavorazione?

Web  Top
Inno Minato
CAT_IMG Posted on 2/10/2007, 12:18

ma quei 60 extra che sarebbero, le comparse che servono per il video ?
e se è un video perchè girarlo in un club ?
the bar scene ? la scena del bar ?

non è che fanno un video sullo stile Muse in knight of Caledonia/Cydonia/Cefalù ? magari è un western futuristico artistico con Golia come protagonista,un pistolero di 2 metri che non porta pistola,abbattuto dal lazo di un giovane cowboy detto David (eyeeeeeeeeeeesbomb where are youuuuuuu)
ok la smetto.

Elvia Zapata Lex
CAT_IMG Posted on 2/10/2007, 12:22

la scena del barrrrrrrr??????? sarà un nuovo film di omar..

CAT_IMG Posted on 3/10/2007, 16:55

Hand over hand over hand

Group:
Administrator

usiamo questa discussione per discutere di quel film di cui si parla nella discussione di Bedlam, poi sposto i post al riguardo qui, intanto c'è questo articolo in spagnolo:

CITAZIONE
El Paso— Omar Alfredo Rodríguez López, guitarrista y compositor de la banda de rock progresivo The Mars Volta, está filmando en la El Paso, Texas una película que él mismo dirige y protagoniza.

Un integrante de la producción que pidió el anonimato, señaló que la cinta tiene como nombre tentativo ‘The Sentimental Engine Slayer’, aunque el realizador no ha querido revelar detalles del proyecto.

Entre iluminadores, jefe de casting y camarógrafos, Rodríguez López trabaja con un equipo aproximado de 15 personas en la producción. Además está dando la oportunidad al talento local de aparecer en la pantalla.

El lunes en la tarde ya entrando el anochecer, de 6:00 a 8:00 p.m. en el Club 101 se rodaron varias escenas del interior de un bar con la participación de alrededor de 50 extras.

El propio Omar se encargó de colocar a cada uno de los actores en su lugar correspondiente, les indicó cuándo tenían que hablar y cómo debían comportarse a la voz de “acción”.

También se encargó de supervisar personalmente el movimiento de cámaras, la intensidad de las luces y todos los pormenores del rodaje y al conteo de tres, dos, uno..., literalmente corría para estar frente a las cámaras.

El rodaje revela que el protagonista llega deprimido a un bar en el que rodeado de un ambiente de fiesta conoce a un travestí con quien minutos después abandona el lugar.

Para generar una auténtica atmósfera de diversión, los actores invitados traían su vaso con refresco y otras bebidas, además fueron cubiertos con denzas capas de humo que por momentos impedían la visibilidad entre ellos mismos.

Los contratiempos no faltaron durante el rodaje porque antes de la última toma, mientras los actores mostraron su mejor sonrisa, integrantes de la producción buscaron desesperados un lugar para recargar las pilas del equipo.

Al final todo siguió viento en popa, pero despedir a los participantes y al abrir las puertas del privado donde se realizó la grabación, la intensa mancha de humo salió e hizo contacto con los detectores que de inmediato comenzaron a sonar.
Una unidad del cuerpo de bomberos llegó al lugar minutos después.

Omar Alfredo Rodríguez nació el 1 de septiembre 1975 en Bayamón, Puerto Rico, pero creció en El Paso. A los 18 años con la ayuda de Bixler-Zavala, se unió a At The Drive-In como guitarrista y segunda voz. Luego en el 2001 formó The Mars Volta.

Web  Top
spettro_zero
CAT_IMG Posted on 3/10/2007, 20:22

accidenti... nn capisco nada

Inno Minato
CAT_IMG Posted on 3/10/2007, 20:34

riporto questa riportata cronaca delle riprese qui sopra ritratte,
era stata postata da Kitt nel topic di Bedlam ma credo stia meglio quà no ?
;)

suppongo venga dal comatorio

CITAZIONE
So.. after school today, i'm driving home when my dad calls me on my cell and tells me to go to Club 101 since TMV was going to be there filming something.

i showed up around three and there were about thirty people waiting in the first section of the club. Everyone waited there while a scene was being set up in the main club area. After almost two hours, Omar and some other guy lead the waitng group of people into the main part of the club and start arranging people in certain areas to act as if they were mingling in a real bar. I was among this crowd and sat at the bar. I sat there for a couple minutes trying to get a good picture with my cell phone, but the entire time they had smoke machines running so i couldn't get a clear shot of Omar--who was never in the same place at once. I only got one decipherable picture of when i was sitting at the bar. He walked around the bar telling people to act natural, telling them what the scene was calling for. when he got to where i was, he looks at me, grabs my shoulders and says, "You look too young to be at the bar. go mingle around the tables." I then went to a table where Marfred was sitting and waited for an opportunity to ask him about Zechs Marquise, Bedlam, etc., etc.

Reduced: 80% of original size [ 640 x 480 ] - Click to view full image

After everyone was situated, I notice Omar directing two lanky drag queens with over-the-top makeup. when i looked closely at one of them, I realized it was Marcel and tried desperately to get a decipherable picture but it was just too blurry from the smoke mahines. His makeup was similar to the new Heath Ledger Joker from the upcoming Batman movie.

before they started shooting anything, they announced that we were on the set of a scene for "Movie Title"(it was a pretty long title i can't recall). apparently, it's a film by Omar unrelated to TMV or Manual Dexterity. when they finally started filming, Omar and Marcel-in full drag- were sitting at the bar and were hugging and very close to each other as if they were a couple.

after about 30 min of multiple takes, we took a break in which I walked around and noticed Paul Hinojos and Juan Alderete. besides Omar and Marcel, they were the only other TMV members present. Paul and Juan were just sitting there away from the crowd talking to each other. I asked them about TBiG and their tour. They confirmed they would be playing several dates in South America as a warm-up tour. from the way they spoke of it, it will probably be a solo tour. they then said they will be playing new years eve in San Francisco. Paul also mentioned they'd be playing back to back shows for when they play El Paso. I asked them both about all the hype surrounding TBiG, and Paul pretty much shared the sentiments of everyone who's heard the album up to this point. in comparison to their other albums, he stated it was "heavier". i don't really know what he means by that, but that's how he described it: "heavier".

after the break, the new scene was to be a dancefloor sequence. before anyone set foot on the dancefloor, Omar surveyed the crowd and started picking people and leading them to the dancefloor. he assembled four younng females and three guys. when it came time to pick the last guy, some guy next to me suggested to Omar that he put me in the scene. he looked at me and reiterated,"eh..you look too young." but he shrugged it off and put me on the dancefloor anyway. in the scene, Omar and Marcel are slow dancing pressed up against each other. after another 30 min or so of takes, they thanked us for being extras and it was over. i wanted to talk to Omar after everything was done, but he was quickly surrounded by a bunch of people asking for autographs. I swear the goddamn people asked him to sign like 15 items in a row. i didn't want to be part of that since it appeared he was uncomfortable. one guy walked up to him and asked him to sign a Vaya lp and he looked very irritated while he signed it.

i was going to approach him after this but decided against it.

i wish i could've gotten more pics, especially of Marcel in drag and Omar with facial prosthetics(wounds). i'm postive people got some good quality pics. i'll scour Myspace to see if any pop up and post them here.

CITAZIONE (Kitt @ 3/10/2007, 17:55)
usiamo questa discussione per discutere di quel film di cui si parla nella discussione di Bedlam, poi sposto i post al riguardo qui, intanto c'è questo articolo in spagnolo

:

CITAZIONE
I notice Omar directing two lanky drag queens with over-the-top makeup. when i looked closely at one of them, I realized it was Marcel and tried desperately to get a decipherable picture but it was just too blurry from the smoke mahines. His makeup was similar to the new Heath Ledger Joker from the upcoming Batman movie.

voglio una foto di Marcel vestito da drag e penso che al mio coro si uniranno altre voci.

Edited by Kitt - 7/10/2007, 13:42

CAT_IMG Posted on 18/10/2007, 23:47

Hand over hand over hand

Group:
Administrator

da Sonny Kay:

CITAZIONE
I have been away in El Paso for 5 weeks with Omar, he made a film! A proper film with actors and everything, so now he is an official film director.

Web  Top
Sandoz
CAT_IMG Posted on 19/10/2007, 00:25

pure...nient'altro?

Inked
CAT_IMG Posted on 19/10/2007, 09:20

per me è una boiata di film.
omar se ci leggi segui il mio consiglio: stick to the music mozarfaca!

Stephen Dedalus
CAT_IMG Posted on 19/10/2007, 10:09

ma chevvoi? alla fine pensa a David Lynch - non mi sembra che i suoi quadri siano una boiata.
oppure a Jim Carrol - non credo che i suoi dischi siano poi delle cagate, anzi spesso sono complementari ai suoi scritti.
allo stesso modo, le pubblicazioni cartacee di Lou Reed, di Nick Cave..
spesso queste cose possono aiutare a comprendere meglio e ad avere una visione più ricca dell'artista e del suo 'prisma' di immagini/idee/etc..

cioè, non si parla di Dave Grohl che si mette a fare il chitarrista/cantante per soddisfare il suo IGO.

a parte che non abbiamo niente di niente per giudicare (a parte i video TMV, il che mi farebbe anche ben sperare..), ma comunque si parla di un artista, che cerca/trova modi diversi per esprimere le idee che "lo hanno"..
se è un'idea per una canzone, o per un doppio album, o per un quadro o per un film o per un posacenere in terracotta, non c'è differenza - il suo compito in quanto artista è non intralciare il facimento/l'attualizzarsi di quella idea..

la divisione dei 'generi' artistici (poesia o romanzo? scultura o incisione?) è una cazzata per invornire il pubblico e incasellare gli interessi, ma ancora più cazzata è la definizione di 'mestiere' secondo cui un chitarrista/musicista dovrebbe fare quello e non rompere i coglioni..

'stick to the music' mi suona come 'fà il tuo lavoro e dacci quello che vogliamo' - sto cazzo, lo stimerei di più se domani dicesse "niente più musica, adesso devo pensare a fare film perchè DEVO farlo". ma DEVO perchè è Necessario, non per obblighi contrattuali o affettivi nei confronti dei fan(z).
eccheccazzo.

Inked
CAT_IMG Posted on 19/10/2007, 13:50

dedalus ti prego svesti gli abiti da cheerleader

Stephen Dedalus
CAT_IMG Posted on 19/10/2007, 14:45

questo giudizio è indipendente da Omar, è un discorso trasversal-generale.

Inked
CAT_IMG Posted on 19/10/2007, 14:51

rimago della stessa idea.
se per me sto progetto è una minchiata non vedo perchè non dovrei dirlo,cosi come se mi fanno sboccare i quadri di lynch

Stephen Dedalus
CAT_IMG Posted on 19/10/2007, 15:03

sì ma di sto progetto sai 1) che esiste, 2) il titolo.
begli elementi per valutare che è una boiata/minchiata.

laz . g
CAT_IMG Posted on 19/10/2007, 15:53

spero lo mettano free da qualche parte, sono curioso di sapere cosa ha realizzato... soprattutto dopo l'intervista che gli avete fatto grazie alla quale l'ho inquadrato meglio sia come artista che come fruitore d'arte

78 replies since 2/10/2007, 00:53   5638 views