Hand over hand over hand

Group:
Administrator

"c'eravamo tanto amati"...

CITAZIONE
The Mars Volta Blame Band Split On 'Tyranny of Laziness'
Cedric reveals rift to Gigwise...

by James Mills on 10/2/2006

The Mars Volta have blamed drummer Jon Theodore’s departure from the band on his flirtations with women, drink and surfing.

Theodore contributed to the prog outfit’s current album ‘Amputecture’, but left shortly before its release.

Shedding light on the split, band lynchpin Cedric Bixler-Zavala explains to Gigwise: "We come to a city, and we play one album live, but we're making another album during the day and then after we play. And Jon just wasn't having that. Jon likes his women, Jon likes his surfing, Jon likes his drinking.

“You can ask any fan that was in Hamburg when we played for Frances the Mute, we were set to play the last thirty minutes of the set and Jon took off, because the night before he partied too much.”

He continued: “We had five years of a tyranny of laziness, he just didn't like to throw down as much as we did. When he did care about the band it's when it was a money issue, that's when he would show up to a meeting.

“God bless him, he's a great drummer, but the guy was late for his own funeral as well: we were telling him he wasn't in the band he didn't even show up to that meeting - an analogy for the whole time we were in the band with him."

Web  Top
Elvia Zapata Lopez N
CAT_IMG Posted on 3/10/2006, 17:31

jon è un essere umano.

Meko Winston
CAT_IMG Posted on 3/10/2006, 17:37

Cedric parla troppo
e più parla più penso,
che Jon ha tutte le ragioni,
questo stakanovismo frenetico
a lungo andare distruggerà la band
o le farà produrre dei lavori sempre troppo frettolosi
e sempre meno curati
come Amputecchia

Walkabout
CAT_IMG Posted on 4/10/2006, 14:07

me lo ricordavo il set di Hamburg, senza Cassandra, quando Omar aveva sbattuto a terra la chitarra incazzato... in effetti non sapevo spiegarmi perchè Omar se la fosse presa, dato che si pensava che Jon fosse solo in debito di ossigeno... e ora sappiamo perchè

per me non esiste "aveva ragione jon" o "aveva ragione Omar", avevano progetti diversi ed è fisologico che abbiano preso strade diverse.

CAT_IMG Posted on 20/3/2007, 14:32

Hand over hand over hand

Group:
Administrator

Jon is still alive

da thecomatorium:

CITAZIONE
Although I know he's no longer in the band I'm still a great fan of the guy and just last night I bumped into him at the Enmore Theatre at Sydney, Australia. He is currently living in Sydney. It was the most random thing I've ever seen seeing the guy lining up to the Eagles of The Death Metal concert at a venue he played at just over a year ago with the volta. I chatted with the guy for a little bit but I was mainly letting him do his own thing and I was too dumb founded and amazed at actually meeting him face to face so the conversation was alittle stoopid.

He didn't say anything about current project and just seemed like he was just enjoying life, being with some aussie friends and going to concerts. What made it more random was that The Mars Volta played a show in Sydney a few days earlier but he said he didn't go and denies that hes even heard Thomas Pridgen play before. He seemed pretty ignorant of the band now but I guess it was sucha bad fall out so I don't blame critisms from both sides of the story. I grabbed an autograph from Jon on my ticket so I'll scan it for some extra proof that hes still alive haha.. funny thing is he wanted to have a jam that night but he had no idea where my suburb was...

Web  Top
Walkabout
CAT_IMG Posted on 20/3/2007, 17:29

io d'ora in poi userei il topic personale di jon per le notizie che lo riguardano

140 replies since 6/7/2006, 18:33   1540 views