THE MARS VOLTA ITALIA forum: "In Thirteen Seconds"

Calibration (Is Pushing Luck And Key Too Far), con Cedric, Juan, Thomas, John Frusciante e altri, 5° lp, 2007

« Older   Newer »
CAT_IMG Posted on 14/11/2007, 02:09

Hand over hand over hand

Group:
Administrator

CITAZIONE
OFFICIAL TRACKLISTING
ARTIST: OMAR RODRIGUEZ-LOPEZ
TITLE: CALIBRATION" (IS PUSHING LUCK AND KEY TOO FAR)
LABEL: N2O RECORDS
FORMATS: CD, LP, DIGITAL
RELEASE DATES: DECEMBER 15, 2007 (JAPAN), EARLY 2008 (NORTH AMERICA, S. AMERICA, U.K., EUROPE)

1) MEXICO
2) EL MONTE TAI
3) UNA CED LACERANTE
4) CALIBRATION...
5) GREY (CANCION PARA EL)
6) GLOSA PICARESCA WOU MEN
7) SIDEWALK FINS
8) LICK TILTING POPPIES
9) CRTAR EL CUELLO
10) ...IS PUSHING LUCK
11) LAS LAGRIMAS DE ARAKUINE

For more information or press inquiries please contact N2O Records at 1.323.965.2234 Email: [email protected] or [email protected] Website: www.myspace.com/omarscalibration

Web  Top
CAT_IMG Posted on 16/11/2007, 15:57

Hand over hand over hand

Group:
Administrator

i tipi della N2O che gestiscono la pagina di Calibration scrivono tipo mille blog al giorno! :D

CITAZIONE
We've been in communication with Grey One, looks like he got a sick new Califa tattoo and he mentioned that he'll be featured in an upcoming Juxtapoz Magazine soon. He mentions Omar and some side projects in the article, hopefully Calibration will make it into the final print version. Something cool to look out for, shoots......... email the magazine and demand it now!

Thanks to all you fans out there keeping the word spreading and those hardcore real fans (so many of you) that have committed to buying the Japan version of Calibration and and those dedicated Omar fans that will wait for the official cd to hit the U.S. and everywhere else. Much props, arigatou, danke, abrigado, and gracias..... for supporting his music and receiving the music in it's intended format.

Our label may seem a likkle bit different than GSL, but thanks for hanging in there with us and being faithful and chipper..... and who knows, maybe you might get into what we do and get down with our sound... there are these strange parallels. Keep reposting our random thoughts from the dome and sending us pics, we'll get those up we promise.

Oh hey.... we almost forgot..... the official Japanese cd version is rumored to include a special written editorial on the project and Omar. It also includes the Japan-only "OBI" card that is always included on Japanese cd's that are 4-color printed, and preforated to fold over the spine of the cd... just for the complete-ist collector, ya know!

CITAZIONE
Thanks to Marc A (graymetalspyder) that sent us some cool pics from his photobucket from Mexico and all over, if you have a pic in this slide show, let us know or if you have pics to send us link for, do it up and we'll get them up.

Yeah... I like it, send us your most most...most favorite pics of Omar and members of ORL Group.

Why I am up at 1:30 am blogging, well I think I'm procrastinating but also we are happy you all are actually reading our stuff, hope it inspires you to do something positive!

Hey does anyone DJ up in here? I'd live to hear an Omar mixtape/cd. Hey.... could that be a contest of some sort????? Or am I reaching out too far and pushing luck and key too far? You all tell me.

Peace! Make Dub not War!

CITAZIONE
Wait, this was supposed to be a small thing between intimate hardcore friends..... you mean we are almost at 200 friends! Yes!

You all are so amazing, it's only been about 8 days of communicating with you all and now look what you've all gone and done.....!

We love it, we got some sound clips we are working on for later this month... and what? We kinda mentioned the possibility of a contest. That's always fun.

If you all wanna record some audio shout outs to Omar and shout out the Calibration album on mp3 and send it to us that would be really above and beyond.... i like it, who's down? We'll get them on the site, like on the music player! Do it Do it! I wanna hear it I wanna see it.

Email the chingaderas mp3s to [email protected] or damn, we might even be able to have ya' leave a message on our office voicemail and we can convert it to an mp3 file......1.323.965.2234

Cabron!

Web  Top
CAT_IMG Posted on 19/11/2007, 17:44

Hand over hand over hand

Group:
Administrator

qualche video con l'autore dell'artwork, Grey:

e..."Calibration Shout out from Juan"!!! :D

Calibration shout out from Juan

Add to My Profile | More Videos

Web  Top
CAT_IMG Posted on 21/11/2007, 01:04

Hand over hand over hand

Group:
Administrator

additional credits:

CITAZIONE
Omar (in addition to guitar) - vocals, lyrics, bass, clavinet, synths, Mexican Harp
Tina Rodriguez - Voice
Adrian Terrazas Gonzales - Woodwinds and percussion
Kim Humphreys - Violin
Marcel Rodriguez Lopez - Drums, synths, and percussion
John Frusciante - Vocals and lyrics
Sara Gross - Saxophone

Web  Top
Inked
CAT_IMG Posted on 25/11/2007, 11:10

azz' il link di myspace è stato cancellato

CAT_IMG Posted on 25/11/2007, 16:16

Hand over hand over hand

Group:
Administrator

CITAZIONE (Inked @ 25/11/2007, 11:10)
azz' il link di myspace è stato cancellato

scommettiamo?

www.myspace.com/omarcalibration

Web  Top
CAT_IMG Posted on 30/11/2007, 16:13

Hand over hand over hand

Group:
Administrator

promo giapponico:

Web  Top
CAT_IMG Posted on 1/12/2007, 00:42

Hand over hand over hand

Group:
Administrator

9 febbraio 2008 data di pubblicazione negli USA (neanche 2 settimane dopo TBIG!)

Web  Top
CAT_IMG Posted on 3/12/2007, 00:40

Hand over hand over hand

Group:
Administrator

CITAZIONE
THANKS SO MUCH FOR ALL THE SUPPORT UP TO THIS POINT..!

We are at Dec. 1st and we are only 13 days away from the release here in Japan.
Our deepest apologies for keeping ya'll from hearing bits of the record,
we are only doing our best job possible to introduce it as we are allowed
as low level record label workers.

There will be 3 short clips up by monday night to listen to over and over
in anticipation for the full release. In addition there will be another
sound file upload the day before the release of Calibration here in Japan. So check back
with us all week and look for the clips on monday and thursday.

We'll also be hitting ya'll up for a top friends change up, so get ready to
send us a request when it's announced. We'd love to see ya'll up on the top 40
and even better if you have the Calibration album cover as your default picture.

And if anyone wants to be down to be part of our coloring book art project hit us up, we have a sketch outline of the Calibration cover and we wanna have some of you color it in and we'll post it up.

Thanks again for all your love and support, it's all been very positive and inspiring.

The three short clips will be "El Monte Tai," "Calibration," and "....is Pushing Luck"

Web  Top
CAT_IMG Posted on 4/12/2007, 18:10

Hand over hand over hand

Group:
Administrator

CITAZIONE
3 short sound clips are up! Please enjoy them and spread the word... already 700+ listens in only 20 minutes... Omar is the man!

"EL MONTE TAI"
"CALIBRATION"
"...IS PUSHING LUCK"

queste tre clips devo dire che mi stuzzicano proprio..:)

Web  Top
starsucker
CAT_IMG Posted on 4/12/2007, 18:21

sì, sì.. adesso sono curiosissimo di sentire il tutto! (dato che da com'è presa si troverà prima calibration che bedlam..)

CAT_IMG Posted on 4/12/2007, 18:26

Hand over hand over hand

Group:
Administrator

CITAZIONE (starsucker @ 4/12/2007, 18:21)
sì, sì.. adesso sono curiosissimo di sentire il tutto! (dato che da com'è presa si troverà prima calibration che bedlam..)

già. forse è solo impressione di 1 un minuto e mezzo totale di clip però a me suona un pò diverso dallo "standard" dei dischi solisti di Omar. comunque via, esce fra dieci giorni.

Web  Top
CAT_IMG Posted on 8/12/2007, 01:10

Hand over hand over hand

Group:
Administrator

questo l'ho trovato sul comatorio e penso possa essere interessante:
CITAZIONE
Ok it's not a secret that the song titles from calibration album are taken from jodorowsky's book la sabiduria de los chistes. which is a great book and i just want to know your opinion about it.

here are some of the stories, i'll post the rest of them later, and if you have some patience i'll trasnlate them too (help for this is more than welcome)

Una sed lacerante.

Despues de tres horas de una batalla agotadora, toda la familia ocupa finalmente su lugar en el automovil y parte de vacaciones.
Apenas llevan diez minutos de recorrido cuando Frederic, de seis años, abre la boca: “Papa, tengo sed”.
A lo largo de toda la hora siguiente, el niño prosigue con su dolorosa lamentacion. Harto, el padre se detiene en un restaurante.
-Ahora, ¿que es lo que quieres beber? -pregunta el progenitor al niño, frente al mostrador del establecimiento -¿una limonada? ¿un refresco? ¿un vaso de leche fria?
-En lugar de todo eso, ¿podria pedir unos caramelos? -responde el niño.

jamas sabemos que queremos. Partimos con la intencion de hacer una cosa en la vida y, cuando tenemos la oportunidad de realizarla, queremos hacer otra... una cosa mejor. No estamos satisfechos con lo que tenemos.

Tchao-Tcheou prueba a una anciana (El Monte Tai)

-¿Cual es el camino para el monte Tai? pregunto un monje del monasterio de Tchao-Tcheou a una anciana.
-Todo derecho -respondio ella.
En cuanto el hombre hubo dado algunos pasos, la mujer agrego: “¡Cuan estupido es ir asi!”
El monje narro esta historia a Tchao-Tcheou quien le dijo:
“¡Escucha! voy a probar por ti a esa anciana”.
Al dia siguiente, fue a buscarla para formularle la misma pregunta. La anciana le dio la misma contestacion. De regreso al monasterio Tchao-Tcheou comento a los monjes: “!He probado por ustedes a la anciana del monte tai!”

Auque no se precisa, resulta que la anciana es una monja. En aquellos dias habia monjas iluminadas que ponian a prueba a los monjes.
Ella da la misma respuesta al monje y al maestro. Es decir, aconseja a Tchao-Tcheou que vaya todo derecho y luego, cuando el ha dado ya algunos pasos, agrega: “¡Cuan estupido es ir asi!”.
Y he aqui que el koan se detiene en este punto. El koan no parece logico y si inutil. ¿De que sirve una historia semejante? ¿Que interes puede tener para nuestra vida?. Los comentarios que la acompañan tampoco son comprensibles.

Las Lagrimas de Arakuine.

El monje Arakuine lloraba.
-¿Por qué lloras?- Le preguntó su amigo, quien era también monje.
-¡Pregúntale al maestro!- Respondió
El amigo fue a ver al maestro.
-¿Por qué llora Arakuine?- Interrogó.
-¡Pregúntale a él!- Contestó el maestro.
El amigo regresó con Arakuine y lo encontró muerto de risa.
-¿Cómo está eso? Antes llorabas y ahora ríes. ¿Por qué?- Le preguntó
-¡Porque antes lloraba y ahora río!- Respondió Arakuine.

Si tengo ganas de llorar, lloro. ¿Por qué contenerme? El cielo está azul, sobreviene una tormenta, llega la lluvia; pero después, la lluvia se va. Se me pregunta: “¿Por qué lloras?” Respondo: “¡Pregúntale al maestro! A tu maestro. ¡Pregúntate a ti mismo! Entras en ti y te vez llorar. ¡Cuando llores, llora! ¡Cuando comas, come! ¡Cuando te enfurezcas, enfurécete! ¡No reprimas tu cólera! ¡Déjala salir! ¡Pregúntate a ti mismo! Sé un cielo azul transparente. Y cuando tengas ganas de llorar, llora y si después tienes ganas de reír ríe. Ha pasado la tormenta y los pájaros cantan. Dejas venir y dejas pasar con un placer inmenso”.

¡Que grán placer hay en encolerizarse! Es una energía. ¡Qué maravilla! ¿Y caer en una depresión? ¡Qué maravilla! De hecho, sabemos que no somos eso. ¿Y el dolor? ¿Y la enfermedad? ¡Qué maravilla! NO somos eso… ¡en absoluto! Somos el cielo azul y no nos identificamos con ésos estados. ¡Basta! En seguida dejamos entrar la luz en nuestra cabeza. Dentro de la luz hay sombras y otras cosas; pero de todos modos, es la luz.

¡Ningún esfuerzo! ¡Ningún esfuerzo mental! ¡Nada! ¡Tranquilidad! ¡Ninguna imagen que dar!

Alejandro Jodorowsky -La sabiduria de los chistes

Web  Top
CAT_IMG Posted on 10/12/2007, 17:59

Hand over hand over hand

Group:
Administrator

CITAZIONE
New video clip, first look of the Calibration cd.

Celebrate Omar and his work.

Sorry we have been less than the 2 hour updates, but we have been blowing it all out of the roof here in Tokyo, Akita, Osaka and everywhere Japan.

Thanks for all the support while we were away, more pics to come.... yes we also got the limited stickers too.... ! Something for the supporters and spreaders of the Calibration only.

Repost, grab the html and repost the clip. It's the first ever shots of the new Omar cd.

Web  Top
Elvia Zapata Lex
CAT_IMG Posted on 10/12/2007, 18:03

chi sarebbe costui che c'ha tutte ste copie del cd?
perchè nel resto del mondo esce così tanto tempo dopo?

124 replies since 28/10/2007, 20:18   1019 views