THE MARS VOLTA ITALIA forum: "In Thirteen Seconds"

Juan Alderete de la Pena, un bassista

« Older   Newer »
CAT_IMG Posted on 19/10/2007, 10:32

Hand over hand over hand

Group:
Administrator

Juan si vende il basso usato su frances the mute e amputechture su ebay, check it out: http://cgi.ebay.com/Fender-Precision-P-bas...tem150173014883

Web  Top
Inked
CAT_IMG Posted on 19/10/2007, 10:36

che basso sta usando in questo momento ?

CAT_IMG Posted on 19/10/2007, 10:42

Hand over hand over hand

Group:
Administrator

basta leggere la descrizione dell'oggetto:

CITAZIONE
After many great years with Fender Basses, it is time to move on...I have switched to Lakland!

Web  Top
Inno Minato
CAT_IMG Posted on 19/10/2007, 12:11

CITAZIONE (Kitt @ 19/10/2007, 11:32)
Juan si vende il basso usato su frances the mute e amputechture su ebay, check it out: http://cgi.ebay.com/Fender-Precision-P-bas...tem150173014883

beh dai 810 dollari per un basso fender del '73 non è neanche tanto
quasi quasi.
:winston:

Inno Minato
CAT_IMG Posted on 23/1/2008, 20:26

mi sembrava limitato metterlo in "foto "

che tamarro !

Walkabout
CAT_IMG Posted on 23/1/2008, 21:34

coi cactus dietro...

Inked
CAT_IMG Posted on 3/2/2008, 14:53

ma l'auto dietro è la sua ? :lol:

CAT_IMG Posted on 11/5/2008, 16:19

Hand over hand over hand

Group:
Administrator

www.resonatemag.com

rivista online con articolo su juan (e anche uno su les claypool!)

Web  Top
CAT_IMG Posted on 11/5/2008, 17:36

Lord Of Terror

Group:

CITAZIONE (Kitt @ 19/10/2007, 11:32)

CITAZIONE
Goodbye Fender, hello Lakland

I am here to inform anyone interested in a Fender with Darkstar pickups to buy a Lakland. After years of failed negotiations, I have decided to switch to Lakland basses (the company I stole my Fender signature series idea from).

Fender has been very good to me but I really prefer Lakland basses these days. The new Mars Volta record was recorded entirely with my Daryl Jones unless it was fretless.

Lakland has agreed to build me a prototype fretless bass, and if bassplayers like what they see, Lakland will consider putting it into production. It will be based off of my fretless but with the Lakland upgrades and the quality control of Lakland.

I will be selling all of my "purchased" Fender basses on ebay in the coming weeks, starting with my 1973 Fender Precision.

Thanks,

Juan Alderete

ulteriori precisazioni sul basso Signature di Juan

CITAZIONE
In late 2006, Fender announced that they would be releasing a Juan Alderete Signature Series bass made by the Fender Custom shop, but due to as of yet undisclosed reasons this project has ended and Alderte now plays almost exclusively Lakland basses.

Lakland will be making Juan a bass that if popular, will become a signature model, assumed to be based on his modified 70's fretless Fender Precision that he used during the "Frances the Mute" tour.

* Darryl Jones model body
* Fretless neck with painted lines
* Volume/Volume/Tone. (Passive)
* Jazz/Jazz pickup orientation
* "Curb" style thumb rest
* Killswitch

il Lakland Darryl Jones è molto simile (...identico) al Fender Jazz come disegno del body: la paletta ha uno "spigolo" in più.

il basso che ho visto negli ultimi live però ha il body uguale al Fender Precision....

se qualcuno ha delle foto del basso usato da Juan nell'ultimo tour potrebbe postarle?
se si vede la paletta meglio ancora...

Edited by Fantômas - 11/5/2008, 19:23

Web  Top
22nd Century Schizoid Man
CAT_IMG Posted on 16/5/2008, 12:51

ma juan suonava con paul gilbert :blink:

assurdo :blink:

CAT_IMG Posted on 10/1/2010, 17:22

Hand over hand over hand

Group:
Administrator

CITAZIONE
http://www.bassplayer.com/article/juan-ald...ber-2009/105357

NO ONE CAN REASONABLY SAY THAT JUAN Alderete’s body of work with renowed experimental rock act the Mars Volta is insufficiently challenging. Their previous record was infamously marred by personnel changes, equipment failures, mental breakdowns, and even a studio flood, and yet the chaotic density and unapologetic freneticism of The Bedlam In Goliath smashed enough musical boundaries to earn the band a Grammy. Their latest, Octahedron, is a deliberate step towards a relatively simpler sonic and musical landscape, and while the famously speed-endowed Alderete can power it out with anyone, it’s in this clearer, cleaner context that his myriad tones (check out that list of effects!), grooves and ideas shine more brightly than ever.

Between the Mars Volta, Big Sir, Alderete’s own ultra-experimental outfit Vato-Negro, and the many side projects of TMV’s guitarist and main songwriter Omar Rodriguez- López, Juan doesn’t always know which of his ideas are going to end up where. And that’s fine with him. “Every time I record, I never know if it’s gonna end up on a Mars Volta record, or one of Omar’s solo records”, says Alderete. “I approach it the same way, with all of my intensity and musicality.”

What was tracking Octahedron like by comparison compared to The Bedlam in Goliath?
It was totally different. On Bedlam, we all tracked together for a lot of the basic tracks, but then Omar would have me recut to the arrangements. On Octahedron, I flew into New York for a few days and tracked to stuff I never heard before.

How much direction did Omar give you in creating the parts?
The arrangements were complete when I got to NYC. He had everything mapped out. Some stuff I got to put my twist on, but really he just knew what he wanted. There are improvised parts, like on “Cotopaxi,” bridges where I kind of just rip, or “Teflon,” where I tried to ape James Jamerson, but other then that he was very particular.

Any thoughts or opinions on the “simpler” sonic environment of this record, especially in terms of how it impacts the bass?
For bass, I think the fretless was more important than on other records. There is fretless bass on every Mars Volta record I have recorded, but I think in the “simpler” environment, it sounds more profound and integral to the music.

Were there any other bands you were listening to that affected what you laid down on this record?
I probably listen to the Jesus Lizard more than any other band I can think of, and their bassist David Sims always has an impact on my playing. He is my favorite living bass player and the Jesus Lizard’s music is timeless. His bass lines are the best. He affects me the way Jaco or Jamerson does. I just want to be as musical as him.

What’s your favorite bass moment on the record?
The chorus on “Teflon.” I love Jamerson and I always try to have him appear through me on records. And on “Cotopaxi” I do my best David Sims impression. I like to give homage to my main influences.

What keeps you interested in playing bass nowadays?
Musicians who are trying to stretch out. Take music somewhere else. A band can be playing the simplest music, but if the sounds they’re using are out there and musical, I’ll be into it.

What do you want to be doing musically in ten years?
Helping musicians I believe in. There is a great indie metal scene going on right now. Metal bands that are not stuck listening only to Slayer or Iron Maiden, but also to Neurosis, the Fucking Champs, Shellac or the Jesus Lizard. These bands put out mainly vinyl and are surviving. Indie rock is so polluted with major labels. This metal scene is more punk rock than indie rock could ever be at this point. I want to help this scene. Maybe start a label.

CHECK HIM OUT
The Mars Volta, Octahedron
[Warner Bros.,
2009]; The Mars Volta,
The Bedlam In Goliath [UVMD, 2008];
El Grupo Nuevo De Omar Rodriguez-
López, Cryptomnesia [Rodriguez Lopez
Productions, 2009
CURRENTLY SPINNING
Torche, Meanderthal [Hydra Head, 2008];
Nipsey Hussle, Bullets Ain’t Got No Name
Vol. 3 [Direct Connect, 2009]; Dangerpuss
[check www.myspace.com/dangerpussmusic]
GEAR
Basses Lakland Skyline Darryl Jones,
Lakland U.S. custom P/J fretless, 1962
Fender Precision, 1971 Fender Precision
Fretless, Eastwood Hi-Flyer
Live Rig Direct, Éclair Engineering Evil
Twin Tube D.I.; Amp/cab: Two Ampeg
SVT-VR heads, Ampeg SVT 8x10 cab,
Ampeg SVT18 cab.
Effects Dunlop Bass Wah, MXR Carbon
Copy Analog Delay, MXR M-288 Octave,
MXR MicroAmp, MXR Phase 90, “several”
Boss pedals (including CS-2 compressor
and Tremolo), WMD Geiger Counter,
Pigtronix Disnortion, Pigtronix Mothership,
Pigtronix Echolution, Lastgasp Super
Oscillo Fuzz, Moog Ring Modulator, Moog
Freqbox, Maestro Envelope Filter, Ernie
Ball Volume Pedal, Line 6 DL4 Delay, Death
By Audio Total Sonic Annihilation, Sovtek
Fuzz, Electro-Harmonix Bass Microsynth,
A/DA Flanger, Ampeg SCP-OCT Sub-
Blaster Octave, Behringer Vibrato, all powered
by several MXR Bricks.
Studio “My chosen bass into a bunch
of pedals into the Evil Twin D.I.”
Strings Ernie Ball Super Slinky Nickel
Wound, .045–.105

Web  Top
CAT_IMG Posted on 1/5/2010, 12:44

Hand over hand over hand

Group:
Administrator

Juan partecipa a un tributo ai prog rockers canadesi Rush:

CITAZIONE
The Magna Carta tribute to RUSH, “New World Man”, features performances by members of COHEED AND CAMBRIA, THE DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN, THE MARS VOLTA, KORN, DREAM THEATER, TESTAMENT, SEPULTURA, SKID ROW and more.

RUSH were heavy when heavy was not cool. RUSH made you want to play your instrument better than the other musicians you knew. RUSH is one of the few bands to blend the influences of progressive rock and heavy rock into something new and unique. In the process, many “musical children” were spawned by RUSH. So many of today’s finest players have been influenced by Alex Lifeson, Geddy Lee and Neil Peart.

“New World Man” brings together a wide assortment of today’s best and most well-known prog and heavy rock players to revisit some of their favorite RUSH tracks. Combining newly recorded tracks from members of COHEED AND CAMBRIA, THE DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN (Chris Pennie), KORN (Shane Gibson) and THE MARS VOLTA (Juan Alderete) on the tracks “New World Man”, “Fly By Night” and “Force Ten”, with up-and-coming buzz band I, OMEGA who contributed their version of “Tom Sawyer”; ALEX SKOLNICK TRIO’s jazz interpretation of “Tom Sawyer” gives a new feeling to the song that could never have been imagined previously. Other selections included from Magna Carta’s “Working Man” and “Subdivisions” tribute albums feature performances by Robert Berry, Dave Martone, Sebastian Bach, John Petrucci, Mike Portnoy and Billy Sheehan.

“New World Man” will be available worldwide on May 18.

For more information and audio samples, go to this location.

New World Man [2010] Featuring Performances By: Chris Pennie (Dillinger Escape Plan Coheed and Cambria), Juan Alderete (Mars Volta), Shane Gibson (Korn), Dave Martone,
John Petrucci (Dream Theater), Billy Sheehan, Alex Skolnick (Testament), Andreas Kisser (Sepultura), Sebastian Bach (Skid Row), Eric Martin, Vinnie Moore, Kip Winger, Mike Mangini, Mike Portnoy

Web  Top
CAT_IMG Posted on 22/1/2011, 02:40

Hand over hand over hand

Group:
Administrator

un twit da Juan:

CITAZIONE
@TheMarsVoltaIta have you seen @TheTuscanGun tv show? He is an amazing cook. Makes me want to move to Florence to learn how to cook!

Evvai di spaghettipizzamandolino! :D

comunque si riferiva a questo blog: http://www.underthetuscangun.com/the-show/...s?currentPage=2

Web  Top
CAT_IMG Posted on 6/2/2011, 22:09

Hand over hand over hand

Group:
Administrator

Bella videointervista a Juan, immerso tra i suoi giocattoli, forse il bASSista Inno Minato apprezzerà: http://gwizmon.podbean.com/2011/02/04/juan...essions-part-1/

Web  Top
33 replies since 13/2/2005, 13:48   992 views