THE MARS VOLTA ITALIA forum: "In Thirteen Seconds"

Juan Alderete de la Pena, un bassista

« Older   Newer »
Fantômas
CAT_IMG Posted on 11/5/2008, 17:36 by: Fantômas

Lord Of Terror

Group:

CITAZIONE (Kitt @ 19/10/2007, 11:32)
Juan si vende il basso usato su frances the mute e amputechture su ebay, check it out: http://cgi.ebay.com/Fender-Precision-P-bas...tem150173014883

CITAZIONE
Goodbye Fender, hello Lakland

I am here to inform anyone interested in a Fender with Darkstar pickups to buy a Lakland. After years of failed negotiations, I have decided to switch to Lakland basses (the company I stole my Fender signature series idea from).

Fender has been very good to me but I really prefer Lakland basses these days. The new Mars Volta record was recorded entirely with my Daryl Jones unless it was fretless.

Lakland has agreed to build me a prototype fretless bass, and if bassplayers like what they see, Lakland will consider putting it into production. It will be based off of my fretless but with the Lakland upgrades and the quality control of Lakland.

I will be selling all of my "purchased" Fender basses on ebay in the coming weeks, starting with my 1973 Fender Precision.

Thanks,

Juan Alderete

ulteriori precisazioni sul basso Signature di Juan

CITAZIONE
In late 2006, Fender announced that they would be releasing a Juan Alderete Signature Series bass made by the Fender Custom shop, but due to as of yet undisclosed reasons this project has ended and Alderte now plays almost exclusively Lakland basses.

Lakland will be making Juan a bass that if popular, will become a signature model, assumed to be based on his modified 70's fretless Fender Precision that he used during the "Frances the Mute" tour.

* Darryl Jones model body
* Fretless neck with painted lines
* Volume/Volume/Tone. (Passive)
* Jazz/Jazz pickup orientation
* "Curb" style thumb rest
* Killswitch

il Lakland Darryl Jones è molto simile (...identico) al Fender Jazz come disegno del body: la paletta ha uno "spigolo" in più.

il basso che ho visto negli ultimi live però ha il body uguale al Fender Precision....

se qualcuno ha delle foto del basso usato da Juan nell'ultimo tour potrebbe postarle?
se si vede la paletta meglio ancora...

Edited by Fantômas - 11/5/2008, 19:23

Web  Top
33 replies since 13/2/2005, 13:48   994 views