THE MARS VOLTA ITALIA forum: "In Thirteen Seconds"

Cedricchismi, a Parla con Me... Cedric Bixler!

« Older   Newer »
Araņas
CAT_IMG Posted on 9/5/2011, 21:58 by: Araņas

well aware of the gas lamp killer and the burial collabs with york. gaslamp killer opened for us at the echo in LA before we did the SF NYE SHOW a while ago.

asfar as the soundgarden dates go we dont control that and we are not the only choice for openers. some dates have the meat puppets and queens of the stone age some have us. its schedules and variety choices on their part thats all. if i have a personal lack of affinity for a crowd or place to play, it doesnt mean we will stop playing it. just look at arizona. i have every reason to not like playing there, but we still play it. if ever there is a time we dont play somewhere it is because of the red tape behind payment,schedules, managerial agendas,etc etc etc. sometimes people think the most craziest reasons as to why we dont play somewhere.

i've never had throat surgery, and the way i sound on bedlam? u mean the effects or singing as high as i do? if you notice i dont sing high on every thing i do. i try and pace myself. there was the use of frusciante's modular synths on the vocals but i would say that it was a stylistic choice. when every bodies instrument is battling to be heard in the same frequency it is my natural inclination to sing high to hear pitch and to be heard above the music and busy drums and effects. hence us still being a pop band with vocals. albeit a different style of what is defined as pop but none the less pop.

23 replies since 14/3/2011, 15:47   447 views