THE MARS VOLTA ITALIA forum: "In Thirteen Seconds"

Cedricchismi, a Parla con Me... Cedric Bixler!

« Older   Newer »
Inno Minato
CAT_IMG Posted on 18/3/2011, 16:37 by: Inno Minato

fresche fresche:

preferenze mosicali:

CITAZIONE
the one album that hits an emotional chord with me is the album LAUGHING STOCK by the band TALK TALK. u might know this band from their big 80s hit covered by no doubt called its my life. by the time talk talk did laughing stock they had done a complete change and it is one of the most saddest,darkest albums ....and i absolutely fucking love every fucking song on that record. it reminds me of jeremy ward and recording deloused. it kinda explains the mellow shit in amputechture.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laughing_Stock_%28album%29

su Steve Drozd dei Flaming Lips e sui Phantasmagoria:

CITAZIONE
steve from flaming lips? when i was 15 i sang for a band in el paso called phantasmagoria. a little unknown band JANUS 18 toured through el paso and we let them crash at our spot and showed them around juarez and generally had an amazing time and a cool bond with them they were very husker and early soul asylum style. fast forward moons later and i meet flaming lips and it turns out steve was in janus 18 and it blew him away that i was that little kid in the band that helped his band out and now i was in this band now (volta) SMALL FUCKING WORLD !!!

sui Matallaca:

CITAZIONE
yes we al have met them. say what you will about them but they are generally really nice fucking people. they came to see us play in new zealand once at a club. all of them did, which was rare for them. james was a little bummed that we didnt play inertiatic. kirk and omar are friends and lars was always inviting us places and being really cool to us. ulrich brought john macenroe to a show in australia and after wards he macanroe and theodore raged into the night until what i heard was like 5 in the morning. macanroe had a match the next day at like 12 or something and whooped the other dudes ass hungover !

about the Muse:

CITAZIONE
sorry im not a fan of muse. nice guys though. i do love me some deerhoof....i never know what thy are going to throw at me. muse just doesn't elicit anything at all from me and i sometimes feel like they are a metal version of radiohead, no offense or disrespect but i was asked.

sembrano una versione metal dei Radiohead...applausi !

altre fellazio musicali:

CITAZIONE
octahedron was the actual realization of a simplified volta and at the same time cryptamnesia came out at the same time. but you be shocked thats what we are supposed to do.

quant'è bello Omarello.

CITAZIONE
f anything i was the one who missed the first rehearsal. but this was mine and omar's little beast from day one. he has been its guitar player, its mover and shaker, its card dealer, its booking agent, its song writer......everything that got volta were its at is because of him. he made it happen. the deals, the meetings, all the red tape that gets taken for granted....omar made happen. EVERYTHING

parlando dei Volta e citando gli U2 ? ebbene si.

CITAZIONE
there is a song by U2 that says "you've got to get yourself together...you're stuck in a moment and you can't get out of it" this applies to the fans who turn their back on us. that isn't passion, thats elitist snobbery. i've been guilty of it myself and now being in this position and can easily say that i ashamed of ever having said the phrase "yeah their first two records are cool, but then after that...meh...." omar and i have been throwing curve balls since 2001, and the fact that those "passionate" fans ignore that is actually quite funny now. they can always watch a bootleg or hit repeat...thats what it's for. sorry we are just not that band. couldn't they tell by the music that we weren't that band to begin with?

finisco con una chicca:

CITAZIONE
utente:
You got a name for the new album? what should we expect?
Cedric:
something came over is a throbbing gristle quote

che qualcuno avverta lazarus gordon

23 replies since 14/3/2011, 15:47   447 views