THE MARS VOLTA ITALIA forum: "In Thirteen Seconds"

s/t, Omar Rodriguez-Lopez & John Frusciante, 17° lp, 2010

« Older   Newer »
Kitt
CAT_IMG Posted on 3/5/2010, 18:43 by: Kitt

Hand over hand over hand

Group:
Administrator

e alcune elucubrazioni comatoriane secondo cui in questo disco ci sarebbero sonoritā vicine a A Manual Dexterity e, addirittura, un pezzo avrebbe dovuto far parte del Vol.2 di AMD. E ci starebbe tutto, visto che i due dischi potrebbero esser quasi coevi e Frusciante collaborava giā al primo:

SPOILER (click to view)
CITAZIONE
beginning of VTA gives me mass AMD vibes

CITAZIONE
LOE too

CITAZIONE
That's cus it is. It was on the AMD Vol. 2 Frankoso has. Its an unreleased song that wasnt on "Absence..." either and yeah, the VTA riff is the same one as Viernes

CITAZIONE
I though we were talking about VTA and LOE sounding like AMD... unless VTA and LOE are in Absence and I didn't notice?

wasn't Absence made up from songs that were going to be used in Deloused/Trem?

CITAZIONE
no, the press release said something about it being from unused TMV stuff but it is definitely AMD2.

CITAZIONE
It is, I know Paco (Frankoso) and he's got the complete "AMD Original Soundtrack" and once the one we all know is done, it follows with Absence, the thing is that it sounds completely different (better quality and dif mix in some songs) and there are some xtra songs that arent on Absence which one of them turned out to be LOE.

btw, I know 4 a fact frankoso's starts shooting his first feature film this week and omar gave him permission to use his music (solar, la ciencia and several more) for it as part of the soundtrack (which the rest shall be made by Rikardo, omar's brother). Paco's also working as editor in the series that they're shooting in elp.

CITAZIONE
it makes perfect sense if you think about it. Omar didn't want to finish AMD due to Jeremy's death hence the title change and picture of Jeremy in the vinyl.

Frankoso č il nick di un ex comatoriano, un giovane cineasta di El Paso di nome Paco Ibarra che sarebbe vicino alla band, avrebbe anche dato una mano nelle riprese di The Sentimental Engine Slayer e ripreso qualche show degli Zechs Marquise (alcuni video sono nella discussione dedicata a loro)

Da quanto sopra si evince cheAMD2 sarebbe in realtā in gran parte stato pubblicato, si tratterebbe di Absence Makes The Heart Grow Fungus anche se con alcuni brani esclusi e uno sarebbe LOE, contenuto in questo disco.

Web  Top
35 replies since 12/3/2010, 16:39   480 views