THE MARS VOLTA ITALIA forum: "In Thirteen Seconds"

Xenophanes, con Juan, Marcel, Thomas, Ximena Sariñana, Mark Aanderud, 14°lp, 2009

« Older   Newer »
Kitt
CAT_IMG Posted on 9/7/2009, 14:28 by: Kitt

Hand over hand over hand

Group:
Administrator

CITAZIONE
Video of a mexican TV program, called in-d; don't know the exact date, but I assume it's from may 18-22:

http://a30.video2.blip.tv/3300001438646/Ind-IndEp181181.mp4

Omar's talking about Xenophanes out in september, like we all know. He recorded the first part of it in New York, while mixing Octahedron, and finished it in Guadalajara, where he lives since november (2008). The line up we know for this album is correct; Mark Aanderud is from México, D.F. -I don't know if that have been posted before-.
He also said that he made an album with Ximena and other guy named Aaron Cruz (basist from D.F.) like in february. This album is totally acoustic; it is a Trío, with an acoustic guitar, contrabass and Ximena on vocals. "It was fun making this album, because Ximena wrote all the lyrics and melodies; I only had to make the music and produce." They made this album in two days. There's not a release date for this album.
He mentions that since they came to the Vive Latino -I think he meant Coca-Cola Zero Fest- in april (2008), he loves Guadalajara, and say to Cedric: "hey, I'm gonna live here one day, so tell me if you like the place, 'cause you will have to come here very often so we can work together." Cedric comes every week to visit him.
For him, there's no much differences between Mars Volta albums and his solo projects, like Xenophanes; only that he sings instead of Cedric.

And, there is this interview on a program, called "Buenos Días, Santa Fe", Ibero 90.9 FM:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mxnm45mmjmk

After he mention how Xenophanes was made -you can clearly hear him and the interviewer say zenoPHAnes several times, for those who want to know how to say it-, Omar choose a song from the album to be played, and we can hear in the background "Mundo de Ciegos". (It sounds good.)
Omar explains why he named the album "Xenophanes": "Xenophanes is a crater on the moon, and is connected with another crater called Volta. Also, Xenophanes was a greek philosopher, who said that men will never reach the truth, because it has too many faces." He liked the word even before knowing its meaning.
Again, he tell us Octahedron is named like that because they liked the name very much, and then they found the coincidences between number 8 and the band (8 years of been The Mars Volta, 8 members, 8 tracks on Octahedron).
He has no social life at all, by the way; that's why he's always creating music. He don't care about fans opinions. When he was a child, he lived in Puebla, México, with his family, while his father was studying medicine.
Finally, he recommend some movies, and choose another song to be played, "track number 5, please", he says. I can't really hear the name, and I don't know the song, but I liked it a lot.

Well, something like that. Just hear/watch the interviews. Viva México.

Links found on http://rockydesmadre.blogspot.com/

Web  Top
86 replies since 20/5/2009, 16:24   1263 views