THE MARS VOLTA ITALIA forum: "In Thirteen Seconds"

Interviste e articoli di carattere generale, sui TMV, ovviamente!

« Older   Newer »
CAT_IMG Posted on 28/9/2008, 14:17

Hand over hand over hand

Group:
Administrator

videointervista all'Austin City Limits:
http://ultra8201.blogspot.com/2008/09/mars...ustin-city.html

CITAZIONE (Omàr in suddetta intervista @ ...,...)
"I just finished recording the next record and at the end of the tour I'm going to mix it in New York with Rich Costey"

Web  Top
Inno Minato
CAT_IMG Posted on 28/9/2008, 17:14

bisogna uccidere Jim Ward, e alla svelta,
riunire il gruppo sarebbe la più grossa vaccata del decennio,
oppure possiamo far sparire Pablo...
mmm ma Omar non dice niente ? ma che è daccordo pure lui ?
cabron.

CAT_IMG Posted on 28/9/2008, 18:05

Hand over hand over hand

Group:
Administrator

non apprezzo le elucubrazioni sulla base di poche parole. però bisognerebbe aprire una discussione al riguardo, non tanto sulla reunion in sé ma un discorso più generale sull'eventuale utilità di questa. a dispetto del fregarsene dei risvolti economici, non ci vuole molto a capire che tutta la messe di uscite parallele di Omàr (e forse anche i vari formati di Bedlam) servan soprattutto a finanziare i prossimi lavori targati Mars Volta, anche alla luce dei tour senza sosta di quest'anno che credo alla fine servano allo stesso scopo. Insomma, anche suonare va bene, ecc. ecc. ma io ho l'impressione che tre tour USA in 9 mesi stiano avendo un effetto boomerang: pochi (se non nessun) soldout a questo giro (e direi anche in Europa, escludendo le venue di Polonia e Repubblica Ceca forse), la vedo molto come una voglia di incassare, sperando che tutto serva poi davvero per il futuro.

Web  Top
CAT_IMG Posted on 28/9/2008, 19:51

'I am a Shadow and I dwell in the catacombs which border the country of illusion hard by the dim plains of wishing'

Group:

CITAZIONE
se gli At The Drive-In fanno una reunion, io divento romanista.

io intanto questa la conservo ... :bananametallica: :bananametallica:

sostengo in caso, la ragione autofinanziatrice dell'evento, ma basterebbe tranquillamente tornare a pubblicizzare le release dei Marsvolta con singoli ben supportati da radio e tv alla de uidov e senza complicar troppo le cose...

Web  Top
Walkabout
CAT_IMG Posted on 28/9/2008, 23:42

mi aspettavo di più sentire un porcodio dal papa, ma tant'è

forse questo significa che ho possibilità di scoparmi le modelle che abitano sul mio pianerottolo

CAT_IMG Posted on 30/9/2008, 23:15

Hand over hand over hand

Group:
Administrator

Intervista a Omàr, teoricamente sarebbe da mettere nella sezione Bedlamosa, parlando di quello (certi giornalisti non si rompon proprio il cazzo di far sempre le stesse domande?) però c'è anche qualcosa sul nuovo album:

http://www.azcentral.com/ent/music/article...emarsvolta.html

CITAZIONE
10/1: The Mars Volta
by Ed Masley - Sept. 29, 2008 03:40 PM
The Arizona Republic
You might think the Mars Volta guitarist/producer Omar Rodriguez-Lopez and lyricist/vocalist Cedric Bixler-Zavala are always on the lookout for a unifying theme when they're working on an album.

But Rodriguez-Lopez says they prefer to let the concept come to them.

"I think every album has a concept or a central theme," he says. "It just is, in the same way we breathe oxygen, the same way we live, and we're not even entirely conscious of decisions that we make until we're looking back. It's never like we start off an album and we go, 'Ah, this is gonna be the theme.' You start the process and the theme appears."

The concept for this year's The Bedlam in Goliath, for example, arrived in the form of a Ouija Board, The Soothsayer, bought by Rodriguez-Lopez in a curio shop in Jerusalem as a present for Bixler-Zavala.

At first, it was fun, telling stories of murder and lust. But over time, the board began demanding things and threatening oblivion. The band's official bio talks of the board as "a metaphysical quagmire and unfed saint" named Goliath.

Soon, things started going wrong. Their drummer left. Their singer hurt his foot. The seemingly stable recording engineer suffered a nervous breakdown. There was a flood in Rodriguez-Lopez's home studio.

So they buried the board in the soil, convinced they'd been cursed.

But the recording remained - a dark album whose lyrical concept began to emerge as Bixler-Zavala started working in lines from the notes he'd scribbled in his diary from their sessions with the board.

At first, Rodriguez-Lopez was convinced they shouldn't put the record out.

"I didn't want to play those songs," he says. "And I sure as (expletive) didn't want to talk about it."

This was in March 2007, and as Rodriguez-Lopez recalls his conversations with the label, "They were like, 'Well, we're not gonna put it out until next January so just wait and see if you change your mind. If not, record your new album and we'll put that one out instead.' "

And over time, he says, "The normal thing that happens happened, which is that you start to gain a new perspective. You start to come out of one period into another, very much in the same way you experience a death. You go through anger. You go through resentment. You go through a very dark period. And then, eventually, one day, spring happens and you discover your smile again. You discover laughter. Now, I can laugh at myself for having been so depraved."

So was he just being depraved? Or were they really cursed?

"At the time," Rodriguez-Lopez says, "it was very heavy and very dark and very chaotic - sort of like a black hole. You know how those things are. Once you have that one thing in your head, when things are going bad or negative in your life, you start to gear everything else toward that same black hole. You make things manifest themselves in the shape of the experience you're having."

Either way, that's all behind him now. He recently finished production on the follow-up, due in March. And he's already started writing music for the album after that.

He won't go into details as to any underlying concept that may have presented itself in the course of working on the next one, but Rodriguez-Lopez will say that he did his best to change things up a bit.

"I tried to . . . restrict myself from using certain elements and tools that I'd used in the past because there's nothing worse than making the same record over and over," he says. "It makes me want to vomit. For a certain type of fan, it's actually the opposite. They hear one thing they like and want a band to do that same thing over and over. They want to reach that same feeling over and over like a drug addict. And from this end, God, that sounds like life in prison."

He'd like to make each record as different as possible, he says, "until hopefully by the end of this band's lifespan the beginning is completely different from the end and you say, 'Wow, I can't believe that was the same band.' That's where I'd like to be headed."

Web  Top
SaraKeenan
CAT_IMG Posted on 30/10/2008, 21:38

Metto quest'intervista qui, poi eventualmente spostatela. Riguarda un'intervista radiofonica fatta a Cedric (in spagnolo). Bisogna andare sul sito http://radionica.gov.co/ e cercare No me gusta el Mp3. Es para huevones.

Ma che vuol dire huevones...?

N'rique
CAT_IMG Posted on 30/10/2008, 22:33

hahaha

"huevones", proviene da "huevo", cioé uovo...
Huevones > Coglioni hahaha

In questo caso, non si tradurrebbe come tale e sarebbe tipo..

Non mi piacciono gli MP3, sono per gli sfigati

En esta entrevista,. Cedric nos comenta las más recientes noticias y planes de la banda, además de contarnos cómo en su idea de una buena sonoridad, está ligada al sonido del vinilo y no del Mp3. Paradójicamente, esta entrevista está subida en Mp3.

El día miércoles 29, The Mars Volta se presentará junto a REM y la banda The Mills en el Colombia Fest, que se llevará a cabo en el Coliseo El Campín.
---

Volete la traduzione?

CAT_IMG Posted on 31/10/2008, 02:02

Hand over hand over hand

Group:
Administrator

una traduzione sarebbe ottima, Enrique! :D

in rete ho trovato qualche appunto riguardo l'intervista:

CITAZIONE
Topics included:

Why the switch from Storm to Jordan - said that when approached with the cover art for Amputechture they did not like the result, so "in the last second" they went with Jeff Jordan because they really liked his stuff. In regard to Jordan they said they love his style because he takes pictures and pieces them together and if the band likes it they tell him to paint it.

New Mars Volta album - although not much talk about it, he did say that it was acoustic like and that the songs were indeed shorter than their usual songs. Not much else...

De Facto - when asked what was in store for the group he said that after there South American leg they will return back to the US and record new material De Facto, and will be behind the drums for the production.

Omar solo stuff - said that there are many albums coming out and that he is still continuously working on material.

Omar's Movies - they will also be finishing up Omar's films upon return to the US

If you understand Spanish, listen for yourself and include anything I miss. I may have missed some stuff, but this is the gist of it. Wonderful interview though with Cedric actually leaving in the middle of it to order room service (vegetables, water and bread for those who are curious)

Inoltre, riguardo ai De Facto:
CITAZIONE
maybe we'll have some hope of the elusive "Medic Alert" being released... (forthcoming De Facto album mentioned in the Buddyhead ATDI interview)

i actually emailed the GR2 label about it once and the guy that replied said that he didn't know anything about it other than that ATDI purchased their masters back, De Facto probably included.

GR2 sta per Grand Royal 2. In pratica, la label sorta sulle ceneri della Grand Royal (per cui uscirono, se non ricordo male, Relationship Of Command degli ATD-I è il singolo 456132015 dei De Facto).

Web  Top
N'rique
CAT_IMG Posted on 31/10/2008, 18:27

d'accordo, piu tardi la faccio.
Comunque, non dice molto, a molte domande che dovrebbe e potrebbe dire molte cose, solo dice "si", "no" o ride hahaha.

Non so se per timidezza o perche sono fatti cosi. Quando gli chiedono "cosa si sente a suonare con una band come y REM (piu che altro per la loro indiscutibile traiettoria nel mondo musicale), dice... "non lo so, non li conosco. Conosco un po il chitarrista, ma cmq, non li conosco.... credo che siano "nice" persone".

É evidente la difficoltá che ha per esprimersi in spagnolo, si vede che non lo parla spesso. Magari anche per questo non parla molto.

Piu tardi pesco le cose piu importanti e le posto ;)

SaraKeenan
CAT_IMG Posted on 31/10/2008, 22:17

Si infatti fa fatica con lo spagnolo, a volte dice 'emh..come se dice...' e magari finisce la frase in inglese.

Vorrei sapere se e come posso salvare questa intervista audio. Qualcuno sa aiutarmi? Grazie mille.

Grazie N'rique x la traduzione di 'huevones' :D

N'rique
CAT_IMG Posted on 1/11/2008, 18:56

hahaha. di niente.

Ci sono dei programmi, che registrano tutto cio che si sente sul PC. Li, metti play e registri l'intervista.
Saint Google :D

N'rique
CAT_IMG Posted on 2/11/2008, 13:59

Beh, non sono riuscito a farcela per oggi, ed ora sto partendo per santiago, quindi al ritorno, vi traduco ;)

Salu2

CAT_IMG Posted on 2/11/2008, 21:08

Hand over hand over hand

Group:
Administrator

grazie caro.

posto comunque un breve pezzo dell'intervista in cui Cedric parla del nuovo album:
CITAZIONE
"In the band there are people who heard King Crimson and Mahavishnu Orchestra, that kind of music to provide total care and scratching his chin, but I like Slade, The raspberries, The Sweet, a lot of pop'60 and'70 The girl groups, Motown ... In other words, material that is a verse-chorus. And after seven years to be doing the opposite of that, with 15 minutes of songs and themes that not all highly Struts understand, the most revolutionary thing we can do, for ourselves, not by the public, is experimenting with the most obvious avenue of pop. From our point of view, this is progress: removed from above the old people who think you can define and expect to write the same kind of material all the time."

Web  Top
CAT_IMG Posted on 2/11/2008, 21:50

Hand over hand over hand

Group:
Administrator

ah, altre due interviste in spagnolo:
http://bogota.vive.in/musica/bogota/articu...IN-4627965.html

http://www.eltiempo.com/blogs/caja_de_reso...driguez-lop.php (questa anche audio, nella stessa pagina intervista a M. Stipe)

Web  Top
104 replies since 14/1/2005, 19:09   3037 views