THE MARS VOLTA ITALIA forum: "In Thirteen Seconds"

Interviste e articoli di carattere generale, sui TMV, ovviamente!

« Older   Newer »
Kitt
CAT_IMG Posted on 31/10/2008, 02:02 by: Kitt

Hand over hand over hand

Group:
Administrator

una traduzione sarebbe ottima, Enrique! :D

in rete ho trovato qualche appunto riguardo l'intervista:

CITAZIONE
Topics included:

Why the switch from Storm to Jordan - said that when approached with the cover art for Amputechture they did not like the result, so "in the last second" they went with Jeff Jordan because they really liked his stuff. In regard to Jordan they said they love his style because he takes pictures and pieces them together and if the band likes it they tell him to paint it.

New Mars Volta album - although not much talk about it, he did say that it was acoustic like and that the songs were indeed shorter than their usual songs. Not much else...

De Facto - when asked what was in store for the group he said that after there South American leg they will return back to the US and record new material De Facto, and will be behind the drums for the production.

Omar solo stuff - said that there are many albums coming out and that he is still continuously working on material.

Omar's Movies - they will also be finishing up Omar's films upon return to the US

If you understand Spanish, listen for yourself and include anything I miss. I may have missed some stuff, but this is the gist of it. Wonderful interview though with Cedric actually leaving in the middle of it to order room service (vegetables, water and bread for those who are curious)

Inoltre, riguardo ai De Facto:
CITAZIONE
maybe we'll have some hope of the elusive "Medic Alert" being released... (forthcoming De Facto album mentioned in the Buddyhead ATDI interview)

i actually emailed the GR2 label about it once and the guy that replied said that he didn't know anything about it other than that ATDI purchased their masters back, De Facto probably included.

GR2 sta per Grand Royal 2. In pratica, la label sorta sulle ceneri della Grand Royal (per cui uscirono, se non ricordo male, Relationship Of Command degli ATD-I è il singolo 456132015 dei De Facto).

Web  Top
104 replies since 14/1/2005, 19:09   3048 views