THE MARS VOLTA ITALIA forum: "In Thirteen Seconds"

***De Facto***, discussione generale

« Older   Newer »
CAT_IMG Posted on 18/11/2010, 03:04

Hand over hand over hand

Group:
Administrator

Ed ecco che la versione che circolava da anni (cioé che questo disco fosse poi stato ri-registrato senza Ralph Jasso) viene smentita:

CITAZIONE
ralph jasso never played on that record. it was only jeremy,omar and cedriculous. only under 500 copies printed. we were supposed to be making benches for jeremies buisness in tuscon. took the money and made this. nothing was reworked. we dropped the track cuz it had samples from the movie belly. so we spared restart the potential headache of sample money.

ralph played one party with us thats it. gotz 2 set tha muthafucking record str8 !

CBZ. Si, sempre sul nostro facebook.

Chiedo scusa per il refuso, dunque.

Web  Top
CAT_IMG Posted on 28/5/2011, 10:58

Hand over hand over hand

Group:
Administrator

CITAZIONE
i dont remember talking about a defacto album in colombia but maybe it was just said as a thought about a project to work on? nothing has been done about this. we all miss jeremy a lot, and we don't know if it would be a good idea to do it with out him. maybe we will...but its all up in the air.

(CBZ)

Web  Top
CAT_IMG Posted on 3/1/2012, 00:51

Hand over hand over hand

Group:
Administrator

CITAZIONE
I wanted to ask you about your old band De Facto. You guys re-released De Facto’s debut album Megaton Shotblast. Do you plan on re-releasing any more of the old records?

Absolutely! We plan on re-releasing all the albums and also putting out a documentary of the band made up from a journal and some film I took when De Facto was active.

(ORL)

#entry484577583

Web  Top
CAT_IMG Posted on 11/1/2012, 12:18

Hand over hand over hand

Group:
Administrator

ancora Cedric sul primissimo lp:

CITAZIONE
mr dullfangs...what you got there is an original pressing of our first defacto record. there wasn't even 500 pressed. its the album that introduced us to sonny kay all over again. jeremy had just started a bench making biz. i used to work for him cutting the shapes and sanding them in tuscon and el paso. i went to tuscon to finish the job but we ended spending all our time recording in his little house.the bass guitar and bass drum share the same mic, and we were blessed by that rare toy called the DD5digital delay pedal by boss(used on the drums) we also used jeremys old drum machine loops and sampled from movies like i am cuba and belly. i was personally super into the last trenchmouth record called the broadcasting system(fred armisen from SNL on drums) and lee perry and augustus pablo. only 300 copies ever got printed and we mostly gave them away. sticker was done at a kinkos and the art for it and the insert were done by jeremy.

Web  Top
78 replies since 13/12/2004, 13:04   966 views