THE MARS VOLTA ITALIA forum: "In Thirteen Seconds"

Wax Simulacra

« Older   Newer »
Stephen Dedalus
CAT_IMG Posted on 1/12/2007, 12:37

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j29-nzMFJxk

secondo me in certi 'collegamenti' (tipo strofa-rit, soprattutto rit-bridge..) suona un po' troppo 'affrettata'..
sono inezie, eh - il pezzo è bello e easy e potente (poi in quella versione youtube, il basso è un palanghino).
cioè, senza farla necessariamente di 17 minuti (che non mi sarebbe comunque dispiaciuto), potevano 'stenderlo' un po' di più l'impasto, per usare una metafora pizzosa :P.

(P.S. - poi venitemi a dire che quelle 'ciaccature' nella strofa non le fa col doppio pedale.. caaaz)

Inked
CAT_IMG Posted on 3/12/2007, 10:01

CITAZIONE (Stephen Dedalus @ 1/12/2007, 12:37)
(P.S. - poi venitemi a dire che quelle 'ciaccature' nella strofa non le fa col doppio pedale.. caaaz)

per me è la rapidità "cassa-rullante" che ti confonde.
perchè è possibile fare con un singolo pedale cose che effettivamente possono sembrare essere fatte con il doppio.....
Poi magari mi sbaglio ;)

Inked
CAT_IMG Posted on 3/12/2007, 15:00

Forse questo video ti convince di piu (senza nulla togliere al magnifico derico)

CAT_IMG Posted on 23/12/2007, 20:58

Hand over hand over hand

Group:
Administrator

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gZwFycBgUpI

sembra ci sia nuovo footage in questa versione del video...

Web  Top
Inked
CAT_IMG Posted on 2/1/2008, 12:50

la stanno passando in questo momento su
http://www.indie1031.fm/4045_Listen_Live.php?id=27

CAT_IMG Posted on 18/1/2008, 13:25

'I am a Shadow and I dwell in the catacombs which border the country of illusion hard by the dim plains of wishing'

Group:

il pezzo easy breve e efficace ci voleva, certo meglio di piazzarci una trentina di intermezzi tra tracce come insegna il nuovo trend prog di questi anni... :D a me addirittura ha ricordato qualcosa degli ATDI... tranne la linea vocale però...

Web  Top
CAT_IMG Posted on 22/1/2008, 02:53

Hand over hand over hand

Group:
Administrator

Came back to doubt yourself
but broke in two
they find it punctual
with idle tooth
I'll find something
to shake by the roots

I crawl along the ceilings in your room the cold is spinning thread
to answer you
I need something made of freewill

am I waiting now, does my waiting howl

I bring an avalanche of Toltec bones
contaminated cravings if you choose to
play something that aches for a spill
leave out the meat for that contact high
inhale the vapors
and let the hangman smile
for that something to shake by the roots

am I waiting now, does my waiting howl

bring me the tame
witness germinates in the child
that word of mouth stutters
blink at the lonely dice
don't know

Web  Top
Lesilent
CAT_IMG Posted on 22/1/2008, 21:43

CITAZIONE (Gidan Razorblade @ 18/1/2008, 13:25)
il pezzo easy breve e efficace ci voleva, certo meglio di piazzarci una trentina di intermezzi tra tracce come insegna il nuovo trend prog di questi anni... :D a me addirittura ha ricordato qualcosa degli ATDI... tranne la linea vocale però...

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Ridatemi gli ATDI !

Grandissima prova questa Wax Simulacra

:cedric:

Walkabout
CAT_IMG Posted on 13/3/2008, 19:12

Ramatheson, un utente del comatorio, si è messo ad analizzare riga per riga i pezzi dell'ultimo album. Copio/incollo, ovviamente sono da prendere con le superpinze che tutti avete in tasca quando si parla dei testi di Cedric, ma qualche spunto interessante c'è. Forse il problema di questa interpretazione (e delle altre della serie di Tamharreson) è il fatto di voler restare un po' troppo attaccati a quello che Omar e Cedric hanno rivelato sul concept, forzando i significati per trovare la quadratura del cerchio.
A voi.

CITAZIONE
Wax Simulacra: A simulacra is a device used to contain another soul. Wax is something used in some cases to create "fake" people, as in Madam Tussaud's famous series of Wax Museums. On a quick side-note, the one in Amsterdam is fantastic. This song comes from the mother of the girl raped and killed. The girl was a sort of replacement for the mother, who was the girl's father's wife. The girl was a sort of fake vessel that represented the mother to the father. The daughter was the "wax simulacra" of sorts. The song is from the mother's perspective, and with her voice, talking to the man.

Came back to doubt yourself

The father folded over within himself in guilt and fighting temptation.

But broke in two

Yet no matter how well he fought, he "broke" and was unsuccessful.

They find it punctual

The band, as she sees it, doesn't realize the enormity of the whole thing yet, and so as this message comes from her, they will find it arriving just in time. They are eager for another perspective.

With idle tooth

And are now speechless as they see another perspective. They are awestruck by actually contacting the broken spirit of the mother as experienced through Goliath's memory.

I'll find something
To shake by the roots

The mother will find something to shake them down to their very foundations.

I crawl along the ceilings in your room

She now crawls along the ceiling, watching them as they contact Goliath. She sees everything, and knows what Goliath did.

The cold is spinning thread

The "cold," or terrible and evil, thing that happened is what is causing her to spin a web of anger and revenge.

To answer you
I need something made of freewill

Thinking back on her life, she needs Goliath to come clean, with "freewill," and confess his sins to her instead of hiding it from her. In the present, she needs the band to break out of their as-of-yet relative silence and help her however they can if she is going to help them by answering their questions about the ordeal. She cannot feed them questions, the questions must come from them on their own of their own "freewill." Remember, to these spirits, their memories and realities get criss-crossed.

Am I waiting now?
Does my waiting howl?

She waits still for Goliath's confession that never came. Part of her doesn't realize she is dead. Can anyone hear her screaming and "howling"? Is her waiting enough to "howl" and get anyone's attention to bring her and her child justice?

I bring an avalanche of Toltec bones

There is much evidence of child sacrifice/murder in the ancient Toltec society that preceded the Incas. This is a metaphoric line saying, basically, "Look at all the guilt regarding your child's murder."

Contaminated cravings if you choose to
Play something that aches for a spill

All of Goliath's cravings in the future will be "contaminated" by his having raped and murdered his daughter. Nothing will ever satisfy him unless he goes about (plays) for something that will "spill" blood.

Leave out the meat for that contact high
Inhale the vapors
And let the hangman smile

She is saying that Goliath's only way to ever find satisfaction would to leave out his daughter's corpse to continually inhale its smell and continue violating it for eternity. Other murderers (men that died by hanging for their crimes) would laugh at him (smile) for his absolute depravity. Even to them, he is unbelievable and shocking.

For that something to shake by the roots

...and this is the thing that will shake the band to its roots: The absolute depravity and disgust found in Goliath.

Am I waiting now?
Does my waiting howl?

See above.

Bring me the tame
Witness germinates in the child

The "tame witness" is the baby that was growing in the daughter. The mother wants it as her own...not in a depraved way, but in the way that mothers and grandmothers ache for lost children.

That word of mouth stutters

The band shares what they know of the story with the mother, and they stutter while sharing their information they got from Goliath.

Blink at the lonely dice

"If you roll a seven, St.Michael dies..." Dice here equals angel which equals child, and the band can do nothing but blink at the thought of that poor, lost baby.

Don't know

They still have no clue of what it was like to go through these things or live with this.

spettro_zero
CAT_IMG Posted on 18/3/2008, 20:03

la adoro questa!!!!

Walkabout
CAT_IMG Posted on 30/3/2008, 00:50

Il testo, quando era ancora in versione embrionale "Idle Tooth" (copio da un messaggio di Diletta)

CITAZIONE
seguirò le versioni di Sgriska mettendoci eventualmente del mio. Ma tanto vince lei
Pero' posso lavorare per tradurla bene.

SPOILER (clicca per visualizzare)
ps(per amministratori): l'ho messa qui perchè non è corretto metterla nella sezione di Amputechture. Se pensate che sia giusto spostare altrove il topic fatelo e colorate il titolo perchè non voglio combinare pasticci!!!

Her doctor got to save her gold tooth
I oughta punch you out, but not 'llowed to
I disowned him
It's a shameful root

Her garbled prophecy was in that room
Her father's gettin' drunk and messin' with you
I disowned him
It's a shameful route

Come away here now
No more waiting now
Come away here now
Without waiting now

Her grievin' mother lounges, skulks and mopes
He's aggravatin', breakin' ten dishes
They've disowned it
The shame on you

You've got to meet me there, come wrapped tight
The phone will ring, my ?? will hit the spot
I disowned them
Two shameful roots

Come away here now
Without waving bye-bye
Come away here now
Without waving bye-bye

When they determined
Would this germinate
Did they try all the world
In that struggle?
"They got the lovely voice!"

When they determined
Would this germinate
Did they try all the world
In that struggle?
"They got the lovely voice!"

Doubtful
Doubtful
Doubtful
No, no, no, no!

Maga84
CAT_IMG Posted on 30/5/2008, 00:46

esistono dei promo o eventualmente dei singoli di Wax Simulacra definibili RARI???

CAT_IMG Posted on 30/5/2008, 01:24

Hand over hand over hand

Group:
Administrator

direi di no. quel promo nero postato da Walkabout qualche tempo fa è chiaramente un fake. fortuna che avevo un buono sconto su ebay e uno su paypal! :D in fondo ho incrementato la mia collezione di falsi marsvoltiani! :D

Web  Top
42 replies since 22/10/2007, 15:20   397 views