CAT_IMG Posted on 20/1/2008, 14:37

Hand over hand over hand

Group:
Administrator

mmm...

Web  Top
Walkabout
CAT_IMG Posted on 20/1/2008, 14:46

stiamo ancora a carissimo amico dunque...

CAT_IMG Posted on 6/12/2008, 12:45

Hand over hand over hand

Group:
Administrator

aggiornamento:
CITAZIONE
The Omar Rodriguez-Lopez FILM "Sentimental Engine Slayer" seems to be coming together. Although there has been information for some time about this project it kinda stalled due to the 2008 tour. Some photos from the shoot are below. The film was written and directed by Omar Rodriguez-Lopez; and stars actresses Kim and Tatiana Velazquez, Cedric Bixler-Zavala, Rich Rodriguez-Lopez, Marcel Rodriguez-Lopez, Sonny Kay, Juan Alderete and Adrián Terrazas. the film will be produced by Juan Alderete and Adrián Terrazas with Kristen Welsh (who co-produced the video clip of Televators)

Web  Top
SaraKeenan
CAT_IMG Posted on 6/12/2008, 22:39

Oh cacchio, so proprio curiosa di vedere cos'hanno tirato fuori!

CAT_IMG Posted on 13/12/2008, 03:28

Hand over hand over hand

Group:
Administrator

qualche parola sul film da un'intervista a Sonny Kay, nulla di che:
CITAZIONE
10. What's next? What's on your "to do" list either for yourself or GSL?

Funny you should ask - I'm actually leaving tomorrow for a few weeks in El Paso, shooting a film with Omar. The Mars Volta have some time off due to the album release getting pushed back, so Omar decided to switch gears and spend a month making a film. Most of the guys in the band are involved in one way or another so it'll be like band camp or something. I'm really looking forward to it, the change of scenery and daily tasks will be interesting and maybe we'll all discover hidden talents we didn't know we had. I guess it might be miserably hot, but I'm trying not to think about that part too much. GSL has a pretty slow release schedule for the rest of the year, we're trying to pay off some debts and stay on top of the re-pressing of some of the catalog titles that sell the most. So it's a good time to take a break from the day-to-day.

è stata fatta un paio di mesi prima della chiusura della GSL, la trovate qui

Web  Top
CAT_IMG Posted on 4/9/2009, 17:44

Hand over hand over hand

Group:
Administrator

CITAZIONE
@missbrittanyesp Yes, omar screened it for about 30 of us and it is unreal I'm so impressed.

My hats off to Omar Rodriguez Lopez for an incredible film, not only did you blow my mind with directing and writing - YOUR AN AMAZING ACTOR

@vittiez the film is not out yet they finished it last night

http://twitter.com/sargenthouse

Web  Top
CAT_IMG Posted on 5/9/2009, 12:44

Hand over hand over hand

Group:
Administrator

pareri da alcuni fortunati che l'han visto, seppur di parte:

Cathy Pellow:
CITAZIONE
I'm not going to get into to many details because I want everyone to be able to experience what I did when I saw this film, which is now done and which Omar screened for the crew and friends last night.

My Mind Is Blown. I am overwhelmed with what I experienced seeing this film. I can not wait for people to see this film. it is fantastic and omar surpassed even the greatest of expectations I could have had going into this screening.

seriously, it's a game changer. the guy is a film maker.

ancora Cathy Pellow:
CITAZIONE
it would be a crime of the greatest proportions for this film to NOT be released. It will see it's day in the cinema if I have anything to say about it. yes but don't ask about when it has to go to festivals first

Sonny Kay:
CITAZIONE
Omar had a private screening of Sentimental E.S. yesterday - WOW! It's amazing to see it on the "big screen". Hopefully that's one step closer to it actually being released...

Web  Top
CAT_IMG Posted on 29/9/2009, 21:52

Hand over hand over hand

Group:
Administrator

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1511489/

CITAZIONE
Directed by
Omar Rodriguez-Lopez

Writing credits
(in alphabetical order)
Omar Rodriguez-Lopez written by

Cast (in credits order)
Tatiana Velasquez ... Natalia
Nomar Rizo ... Oscar
Kim Stodel ... Zack
Rikardo Rodriguez Lopez ... Riko
Angel Marcelo Rodriguez Chevrez ... Father
Marcel Rodriguez Lopez ... Tap Prostitute 1
Becky Vigil ... Mesa Inn Prostitute
Astrid Magallon ... Angel
Daniel De La Mar ... Card Player 1
Chris Salcedo ... Card Player 2
Valentin Merz ... Tap Prostitute 2
Sonny Kay ... Police Officer 1
Bud William Allen ... Repairman
Ramon Villa ... Pimp
Amalia Castro ... Street Prostitute 1
Annie Aguilar ... Street Prostitute 2
Ericka Hanlon ... Street Prostitute 3

Michael Morlan ... Man In Truck
Kristoffer May ... Police Officer 2
Lars Stalfors ... Night Man on Street
Adam Thomson ... Chat Buddy
Sara Christina Gross ... Girl at Party
Frances Rodriguez Lopez ... Mother
Ralph Jasso ... House Friend 1
Eric Salas ... House Friend 2
Mario Matus ... Grocer 1
Thomas Aragon ... Grocer 2
Luis Alfredo Flores ... Ditcher 1
Carlos Alfonso Corral ... Ditcher 2
Mitchell Edward Kilk ... (voice)

Produced by
Omar Rodriguez-Lopez .... producer

Original Music by
Omar Rodriguez-Lopez

Cinematography by
Michael Rizzi

Film Editing by
Adam Thomson

Production Design by
Sara Christina Gross
Sonny Kay
Omar Rodriguez-Lopez

Makeup Department
Eric Salas .... makeup artist

Art Department
Bud William Allen .... carpenter

Sound Department
Isaiah Abolin .... sound
Chris Mastick .... sound
Joe Montanez .... sound
Lars Stalfors .... sound mixer
Kara Sullivan .... sound
Shawn Michael Sullivan .... sound

Visual Effects by
Jason Forman .... digital compositor

Camera and Electrical Department
Kristoffer May .... additional camera operator
Kristoffer May .... gaffer
Michael Morlan .... additional camera operator
Michael Morlan .... key grip
Laura Vella .... assistant camera

Costume and Wardrobe Department
Sara Christina Gross .... wardrobe

Editorial Department
Carlos Bolado .... editing advisor

da notare, nel ruolo della madre, Frances Rodriguez-Lopez...

CITAZIONE
The Sentimental Engine Slayer is a compelling story about finding one's essence in a world of stereotypes and predetermined behaviors. The film explores the bitterness of life through Barlam, a sexually troubled young man in search of his own identity.

CITAZIONE
Barlam and Natalia are siblings separated by what would seem to be only a few years. The family home, in a sprawling, yucca-studded 1950s-style subdivision on the far end of El Paso, is cluttered with Catholic ephemera and serves as the de facto crash pad for a host of chain-smoking, Guitar Hero-addicted deadbeats. Chief among them is Natalias bedwetting other half, Zack, a slovenly gringo all too happy to take advantage of the lackadaisical lifestyle afforded by the girls mysterious addiction and rent-free accommodations. Despite what seems to be something of a preoccupation with their parents apparent divorce (at least on the part of Barlam), their mother is curiously absent. Barlam, when not on the receiving end of abuse at the hands of his grocery co-workers, spends his time cycling around the city, paying visits to his therapist father (Angel Marcelo Rodriguez Chevrez) to quiz him on details of the ancient divorce (not to mention taking advantage of some presumably off-the-clock advice), and obsessively stock-piling multiples of the only model car for which he has any penchant: the 67 Mercury Cougar which had been the family car during happier times. He soon discovers a look-alike teenager and, convinced that the boy (Rikardo Rodriguez Lopez) must be the product of some unknown indiscretion on his mothers part, coerces his sister into virtually abducting the youngster in order to glean the key to the apparent mystery. As the chaos of his life accelerates, Barlam is pressured into a liaison with an indifferent prostitute (Becky Vigil), the disastrous results of which may or may not spell doom for the deluded pushover. Subsequently, he embarks on a disorienting series of ill-advised trysts, descending into a shadowy murk of unprovoked violence, transgendered experimentation and mirage-like anomaly.

Much of The Sentimental Engine Slayer straddles the line between fantasy and reality, as much a puzzle for the viewer to decipher as it seems to be for Barlam. Indeed, his life appears to be a contradictory muddle of fledgling awkwardness and cocksure bar talk; of naïve vulnerability and knee-jerk aggression. When at long last he seems to have found his footing with regards to the intimate relationships he craves, he haphazardly sabotages himself in a literal bloodbath of unresolved hostility, uncorking a lifetime of pent-up rage both shocking and perplexing. It is only as this moment that Barlams mother finally appears, ostensibly a figment of his imagination, yet doubtless the matriarch of the household whether in her natural state, or that of the mysterious circuitry at the core of the homes electronic brain to which she lends her name. Climaxing with Barlams moonlight mission to dispose of the fruits of his evident psychosis, the film presents a paradoxical twist perhaps only understood with repeated viewing.

Beautifully photographed amidst the sleepy yesteryear pastiche of this most archetypal of border towns, The Sentimental Engine Slayer is an homage to El Paso and its microcosmic hybrid of Latino and American culture, an inadvertent time capsule of a city literally straddling the first and third worlds, the nineteenth and twenty-first centuries; a city as contradictory and befuddling as the films prime antagonist. At once both urban and rural, docile and convulsive, the citys personality comes to the fore in The Sentimental Engine Slayer, whereas prior films have made-do simply with caricature.

Web  Top
Walkabout
CAT_IMG Posted on 29/9/2009, 21:57

97 minuti, è una bella sfida reggere così a lungo

secondo me o è molto fico o fa molto cacare

CAT_IMG Posted on 13/10/2009, 02:33

Hand over hand over hand

Group:
Administrator

neppur troppo lungo alla fine, scommetto che A Manual Dexterity sarebbe durato (dura?) di più (visto che si prospettavano altri due volumi della OST). comunque, riguardo alla signora Frances:

CITAZIONE
Frances is Omar's mother who is in the movie as well as his father.

the movie is incredible - it will see the light of day - we are working on it's release / distribution currently
lots of news and pictures and such are coming on the rodriguezlopezprodutions website so keep an eye out for it

by Cathy Pellow

Web  Top
andreavolta
CAT_IMG Posted on 21/10/2009, 22:37

il povero cederico non gli hanno dato manco il ruolo di porta caffè, sarebbe stato interessante vederlo recitare

CAT_IMG Posted on 9/11/2009, 18:47

Hand over hand over hand

Group:
Administrator

forse forse lo vedremo l'anno prossimo:
CITAZIONE
Rotterdam Film Festival
The sentimental engine slayer-
OFFICIAL SELECTION AND WORLD PREMIER AT THE ROTTERDAM FILM FESTIVAL FEBURARY 5 2010!!!!

Web  Top
CAT_IMG Posted on 10/11/2009, 20:30

Hand over hand over hand

Group:
Administrator

Sargent House said:
CITAZIONE
we will be releasing the film for sure. Can't begin to say a release date we are just starting to meet with distributors about it. More exciting news to come in the new year just sit tight and don't fight

Web  Top
CAT_IMG Posted on 10/11/2009, 21:47

Hand over hand over hand

Group:
Administrator

Web  Top
78 replies since 2/10/2007, 00:53   5638 views