THE MARS VOLTA ITALIA forum: "In Thirteen Seconds"

The making of De-loused In The Comatorium, Composizione, registrazione, mixaggio, etc etc

« Older   Newer »
Kitt
CAT_IMG Posted on 20/2/2011, 12:19 by: Kitt

Hand over hand over hand

Group:
Administrator

ancora una volta, a "Parla con me", CBZ:

CITAZIONE
Now I wonder what Deloused would have been like if Rick Rubin wasn't involved... did the label impose him to you as a producer?

rick rubin was never imposed on us. we choose him. we took meetings with and enjoyed working him very much. we worked with him for a while in pre production in a place called the alley. a legendary rehearsal studio run by an old biker coupl...e that that looked like a huge treehouse/pirate ship that was frequented by many of the laurel canyon era country rock bands in the 70s. we loved working with rick. it's just that when it came to do it he was producing 3 other bands at the same time and somehow convinced us to simplify stuff that had a really great loose feel. if it were up to him all the choruses on every song would be simple like on inertiatic.(an exaggeration but u get the point) there was a time when that song was being played with a looser busier chorus with no words on the chorus...just the melody. he simplified stuff that in my opinion made it lose it's edge...it's freak flag so to speak. that being said he was wonderful for tracking vocals and concentrated a lot with working on them with me. i worked upstairs while omar pretty much handled every thing else down stairs( guitars, over looking fleas bass parts etc etc ) which is why its a co producer credit....because omar made it sound the way it does.omar was the one who sat in the mastering studio and told them how to piece the whole thing thing together since the songs songs bleed into each other. he was our choice and with him we made a cool record....he is a great producer but we had a difference of opinion about the final outcome, and even though its our record you have to take into consideration that there is a lot of time and money resting on you to finish for dead lines. dont get us wrong we may have sounded like we were bagging on him in the past, but rick rubin is awesome.

Web  Top
10 replies since 17/1/2005, 20:36   716 views